Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2017, 05:39 AM   #15

It's a little more difficult install on a 33C/35K. The Splendide does not fit through the louvered doors. The cabinet face will be removed and them reinstalled with screws afterwards. Also the pull out rack will be removed. If you are handy and familiar with RV cabinetry you can probably do it.
It is pre-plumbed and wired for electrical. Definitely get the vented model but that means you have to cut through the side of the brand new RV (I don't believe that hole and vent cover is there already). There is no room for a stacked W/D in the 33C/35K.
If having it done by a "professional" (and I use that term very very lightly ) it should be no more than 2-3 hours worth of time. Honestly, now that I know how it is done it would take me about an hour, maybe 1.5 hours. The W/D combo is pretty heavy though so you will need help getting it in.
Let us know what you decide and how it goes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #16

PHO
I'ld tell the selling dealer that I expect the washer drier be installed before I take possession of the coach or I'll buy the other coach down the road that has one installed. On a 110k plus item a thousand dollar washing machine shouldn't be a deal breaker. The dealer installed the washer that is in my coach prior to delivery. Space limitations are going to limit you to a combo unit, stacking is not an option.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #17

Camping World installed cost was around $1500. They did have to remove the cabinet front to fit it in, but the trim covers everything nicely when done. We did go with the vented option, which required a big hole to be drilled. We dropped our rig off in the morning and picked it up at the end of the day. Do make sure that they test everything and cycle the unit before you take it away.

We have been very happy. Please note that Camping World can be a risky option. Sometimes you get a great Tech, and sometimes you get someone who is learning on your dime. I did notice that they left their stock of extra screws on my bedroom counter, and also an empty box that the vent cover went in.

We chose the chrome look vent cover, not because of the finish, but because of feedback that the white version hums loudly while going down the road.

The first time we did a load of wash, we thought there was an earthquake
Elwood58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:25 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
1300 is about the norm for the splendide
Old 11-17-2020, 12:09 PM   #19

2013 Bounder 35K washer & dryer

I saw this video on YouTube: "Install Combo Washer Dryer in Fleetwood Bounder 35k." It is an excellent video on installing a washer/dryer combo. It also demonstrate the challenges in removing the back panels and all of the plumbing and electrical connections. There are not many informative videos concerning the installation/plumbing/ etc. in the Bounder 35K model.

The video provided info. if I ever wanted to install one, doubtful. However, I had to remove all of the back panels in the space meant for the washer/dryer due to a leak I discovered on the bedroom floor, right below the drawers.
After removing the drawers/back gray thin felt covers held with these tiny staples, very annoying. Why not screws? why not cut the back boards in half? why not screws for easy removal? Anyway?

I discovered that the FACTORY install plugs on the hot/cold plex blue/red pipes had been leaking. Of course, I cut them and install higher quality plugs. Yes, I reinstalled the back gray thin felt cover cut in half with screws; just in case I have to go back in there and repair/replace, etc. I also, treated the wood that had been damped. But, it was not damage. I let the space air out without putting back any of the covers and use light heat to help it dry out. What a pain! It is always a learning curve. I would hope that these manufacturers would be more detailed and caring. Who am I kidding?

Hopefully, this will help someone.
PURALIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:39 AM   #20

Here is my step by step... along with important info about ventless models.
SavnTheWales is offline   Reply With Quote