RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 2004 Pace Arrow. This weekend, when checking on the motor home, I found the fans on both AC running, even though the switch was off. I opened the breakers. Later, I went out and found that the heaters had started. Again the switches were off. I cut the propane, but the heater fans are still cycling periodically. Does anyone know what is happening?

2005 Honda Pilot Toad
r2dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 2004 Pace Arrow. This weekend, when checking on the motor home, I found the fans on both AC running, even though the switch was off. I opened the breakers. Later, I went out and found that the heaters had started. Again the switches were off. I cut the propane, but the heater fans are still cycling periodically. Does anyone know what is happening?

2005 Honda Pilot Toad
r2dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like your thermostat is calling for heat or cool (or maybe both), regardless of the setting. Could be a short maybe?

Since this is a generic furnace/ac control problem and not in any way a unique to a Pace Arrow, I'm adding a shortcut in the Motorhome Problems area to get input from other RV owners.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Contact http://intellitec.com/ and tell them your problem. I had a similar issue with a the thermostat on my '04 Pace Arrow. Mine was an intermittent problem, took it back to the dealer three times and they didn't fix it. Kept replacing other parts. When I spoke with Intellitec they didn't even question my problem, said I needed a new Thermostat. Which is the panel with the switches and temperature adjustments. I think they call it an ECM. Because my coach was out of warranty I had to pay for it, about $132 if memory serves. But I didn't care, it cured the problem.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:22 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
r2dillon;

I had a similar problem on my Chieftain. The furnace blower would come on all by it self with the thermostat off. After a lot of testing I found a bad ballast sending a RF back down the light switch wire that was near the thermostat wire. I tested it out by disconnecting the suspected fluorescent light. My problem ended when the light was disconnected. I switched the light with one toward the front. No more problems. When I was researching my problem I found situations where TVs would go on & off all by them selves when a bad fluorescent light was on.

Good luck and please let us know how you fix your problem.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote