Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2021, 09:21 AM   #1

Air loss Secondary gauge

Hello I have a 2008 Fleetwood excursion was out in April coming home from Bristol and all of sudden lost air pressure on my secondary air gauge primary stayed up and noticed no ride change or brake lose my buddy lubricated all my pop offs went out all summer no trouble then i lost air 4 times in 500 miles i lubricated pop off and went 1000 miles to Charlotte and back and it happened again got out heard no air leaks it sat on zero for couple miles no lose of brake an air bags stayed up what could cause this
davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2021, 09:48 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Go to the Fleetwood forum and search for gauges and LBCU troubles. I'm thinking you really didn't lose air pressure...but your gauges malfunctioned from info from the light bar control unit.
Good luck.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:53 AM   #3

Yup, if the parking brake stayed off you still had air pressure. So very likely a gauge/wiring/communication box issue.

Not sure what you mean by "lubing the pop-off offs". Are you referring to automatic tank drains? The air dryer purge valve?
Old 11-21-2021, 10:33 AM   #4

air lose secondary

my buddy went threw and sprayed wd 40 for lubrication at all pop valves thinking one may be sticking
Old 11-21-2021, 11:00 AM   #5

my primary air gauge never changed had full air pressure on that gauge

Thank you for any help in figuring this problem out
Old 11-30-2021, 02:42 PM   #6

If the needle on the gauges drop suddenly then it's possibly the wires that dasy chains the gauges. Old style is white, new style is black. Call freightliner, give them the last six of your VIN. The kit is just over 100.00 and you can replace yourself. Just remove/replace one at a time.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:39 PM   #7

Loss of air prewire?

I had the similar problem on my 06 Bounder. According to Freightliner its problem with the AMU(?) or MMU. Anyway, when I called them, they admitted to a common problem. To fid it my shop replaced the unit which is somewhere in the engine compartment. Wasn't a cheap fix. $1K for the unit about $400 labor. Unless you are a diesel mechanic.
deputymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputymike View Post
I had the similar problem on my 06 Bounder. According to Freightliner its problem with the AMU(?) or MMU. Anyway, when I called them, they admitted to a common problem. To fid it my shop replaced the unit which is somewhere in the engine compartment. Wasn't a cheap fix. $1K for the unit about $400 labor. Unless you are a diesel mechanic.
The OP has a LBCU and not a MMU. Different device.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie View Post
my buddy went threw and sprayed wd 40 for lubrication at all pop valves thinking one may be sticking
I did the same on my dutch star last year. The gauge never read more than 40 psi. Remove the sender lubed it and Ta Ta! Worked like new.
Spiky75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:27 PM   #10

I called freightliner today and they say to switch the wires around from gauge to gauge and see if the problem follows it not something that happens all the time and my? how does the dash unit cover come apart to check the wires for white or black and loose connection
Old 11-30-2021, 05:36 PM   #11

air lose secondary

I called Frieghtliner today and they said to switch the wires from Guage to Guage and see if the problem follows well this doesn't happen all the time and my question how do you take the dash board cover off to do this and check the wires for loose connection and white or the upgraded black

Tags
air