Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
bjo

Airconditioning

We went on our first long 4 wk trip in our 04 fleetwood bounder, it was great and everthing seem ok till we got headed bk to the south were we need to run the A/c more we started noticing that the bk A/c was or seem to be staying cooler, and the front wasnt we could adjust the temp.to like 70 and it would go bk to 79 and we think it was on "AUTO" now it could have been telling us the coach in front was 79 but the air coming out was not cool but I dont understand why when you would put the temp.cooler it would flash and stay on the 79? I no you can't add freon any more dont no what it needs can anyone give us some imput on this maybe someone else has had this problem. love to hear from anyone.
need help
Bonnie
bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure about your themostat, but you can have freon added to the A/C

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Not quite sure what you are saying, but the thermostat is probably displaying the current room temperature. When you set a temp, it displays that for a moment so you can tell what you did, then switches back to the current room temp. Many RV thermostats work this way.

The a/c runs trying to get to the set temperature, but may not have enough cooling to do so in real hot weather. RVs heat up like a tin box in the sun, especially in the front where the windshield is plus so many other windows. It's probably not going to get to 70 if it is 90+ outside and the sun is blazing on it.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
bjo

someone said useing the roof Ac was better than dash Ac but how expensie , we have a desial that's moving down the road,useing the genarador while driving your use fuel so you can be useing lots Dis.
need help here.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjo View Post
we have a desial that's moving down the road,useing the genarador while driving your use fuel so you can be useing lots Dis.
You will use about 1 gal per hour... how much is staying cool worth We made a trip to Disney World from Texas a few weeks ago and my DW and grandkids thought it was worth every dollar

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #6

When it's hot I must run both dash and gen to keep everyone happy.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
We always run our genset while traveling. Mostly to run the A/C units, but also my outside fridge cooler, and the Norcold will run on it too so I don't have to run LP. Yes it does burn a little more diesel. I get about 7mpg while traveling with the generator running, not much better if not running the generator.

We just boondocked at my brothers house for 4 days. Ran generator continuously (it's HOT in central Texas), we used about 1/4 tank of fuel. Figures close to .5 gallon per hour. It wasn't a cheap visit, but worth every penny!

Kerry
BABrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
bjo

we put two thermosate around the ac one in from one near the vent turn the ac on and it got cold I think we just didnt no how to run it we decided that when it is hot outside we need to use the shades also like Gary said there is a lot of glass up front so we need to take that in to. thanks for all answer's . just live and learn or should I say ASK TO EVERONE HERE. THANKS SOO MUCH I sure this wont be the last question
BJ
Old 06-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by texnet View Post
Not sure about your themostat, but you can have freon added to the A/C
Not really, it's very restricted now:

"Because of ozone depletion concerns, EPA has restricted future US production of freon 113. After 1995, US production of freon 113 will be significantly lower."

Only an HVAC tech can buy it now and it's really expensive. You have to switch over to something like the 134A.

The kicker is that not many RV air cons have a port to add refrigerant, by the time you pay to have it done and recharge the unit it's getting close to a replacement anyway.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote