Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2021, 08:16 PM   #1

All 3 TVs are immovable

I bought a 2012 Southwind 32VS and I can't figure out how to get behind any of the 3 TVs in order to upgrade to HDMI cables. All three are wired with coaxe which limits the resolution.

They are so close to the walls that I can't take a photo of the mounting bracket.
If anyone has had similar experiences I would sure appreciate some ideas of what to try!

Thanks in advance.
Jill n Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2021, 08:56 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
They have to be attached to a bracket of some type. Either there are screws that mount the bracket below the TV or they are on swing out brackets with locking tabs. Look around the perimeter of the TV for screws holding a bracket.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:24 PM   #3

Look behind the TV from underneath. Do you see 2 screws that appear to be going vertically straight up towards the ceiling? if so unscrew them about 3/4 of an inch. now swing the bottom of the TV out 4" and lift the TV straight up.
If you don't see those screws, then it's not the type of bracket I think it is, and I'm sorry but I can't help you...
Old 08-23-2021, 08:15 AM   #4

On my 2014 (not sure if yours is similar) the 40" mid tv is held in by 4 bolts accessed by removing the wood trim frame that surrounds the tv. The front tv is bolted to a piece of plywood through the back. You have to remove the access panels in the adjacent cabinets and reach in to remove the screws from the back. Bedroom tv is mounted to a steel bracket that mounts to the bottom of the overhead space. Remove the black cloth covered panel (it's velcro'd) overhead and then you can access the mounting screws.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:20 AM   #5

On mine you lift straight up 2 or 3 inches then pull the bottom out away from the wall. then you can remove it.
00 Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:38 PM   #6

To access the Mount on the front tv in my Fleetwood, I have to remove the camera monitor and go up from the bottom. My rear tv is mounted to an arm that is bolted to the ceiling
Old 08-31-2021, 08:47 PM   #7

You know they make a converter from RCA Plugs to HDMI. I have a 2011 32VS, I use the DISH 211vip receiver and I use the colored RCA connectors instead of the HDMI. As for the midship tv, the wood trim around the tv is held by screws covered with a matching button. Remove the wooden plug and then remove the screws and that will get you access to the tv. Also keep in mind, and overly long HDMI will degrade your picture. Good luck.
Bonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:47 PM   #8

The bracket holding the TV could be attached to the backside of the trim around the TV and all come off at once when the wood trim is removed. On mine removing 6 screws remove trim, tv, and bracket all at once.
2TxAgs is offline   Reply With Quote