Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2019, 05:26 AM   #547

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
I don't know anything about your rig specifically but I would start the gen and get a couple of electric heaters. Not sure what weight of oil you have in your gen but I would try and get it started. Do you only have one furnace in that rig? Are you staying anywhere with electric if you can't get you gen started?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2019, 05:38 AM   #548

Amer. Dream, Tradition, Eagle, Heritage,Allegiance,Revolution owners reference list

Is it just noisy, or has it stopped functioning?
I had the same problem with my Atwood furnace. Tech support told me there are two squirrel cage fans. If it was the one that blows the house air, they could send me the parts and I could do it myself. If it was the furnace fan, I would need a technician. Per their suggestion I sprayed lubricant everywhere I could. It stunk up the coach for a while, but by next season the noise disappeared.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:45 AM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukid68 View Post
I really have a problem now. the furnace is making a bad vibration sounding noise. It squeaked some a while back, now is worse, no squeaking just rumbling/vibrating sound. And I don't know how to get in to it to fix it. And now single digits with blowing snow. I may get the buddy heater out and shut off the rear furnace. Help!?
If you are handy I would suggest you sign up with Deb Merrit at askrvdebbie.com. I have an annual subscription for $300+/- and it's the same as the American Coach support line. It sounds like you have a blower squirrel cage going bad. As far as the inverter it may be the way it works or it may be defective. I have a newer Anerican Eagle and we have two inverters so it may not be apples to apples but when we hook up the inverter switches from invert to power automatically. We had a Fleetwood Providence before and that one had some plugs that only were powered when on inverter.

It does sound like your inverter is not switching to AC. That could be a simple AC board, I n.v had to replace one of ours it was easy and fraction of the cost of a new inverter.

Also if you are on Facebook join some of the American Coach pages. They can be very helpful.

Good luck.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:50 PM   #550

American Coach Owners Club
I am on 50 amp shore power so the other furnace is working but does not force air through the rear vents. It works fine, and a mr heater buddy heater is helping right now but with the single digit temps I was worried, so far we are fine. but I do need to fix it. the two exits for the furnaces are side by side but the door doesnt open. course with the snow I cant lay down very well. Maybe the one will last till warmer then I can fix it. Thanks for the comments so far. INverter wise I have contacted Tripp Lite and they have asked question but no real help yet. I am on facebook so will check there as well.
nukid68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #551

Oh, I forgot to add, it is still working, but noisy and vibrating like mad. I turned the thermostat down so it wont kick on just to keep it safe...
Old 01-21-2019, 12:29 AM   #552

Quote:
The two exits for the furnaces are side by side but the door doesnt open.

My furnace compartment door is held closed by two screws underneath pointing upward.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:18 AM   #553

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
My furnace compartment door is held closed by two screws underneath pointing upward.
Same here. Once the door is off, you should be able to follow your ears to the source of the noise. Ours is a two-zone system and the blowers are at the top of that compartment. Put a hand under each blower's cover and you might be able to feel the vibration if it's one of them.

Your system might be different, but the concept is the same.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #554

2007 American Eagle 45h

User MikeBesaw
Just joined

[IMG][/IMG]
MikeBesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:25 PM   #555

furnace

Well yesterday I was able to lay down and saw 2 small metal screws so I guess they hold the door closed. We had the sewage valves both frozen shut and a full grey tank, water backed up in shower. But now thawed and we are under couple inches of water so I still can't work on the fan. It still vibrates but going down to single digits or under 30 for at least the next week. when it rains it pours, how true. so hope to work on it soon thanks for the help so far.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:48 AM   #556

If you can localize which fan is going bad, you can either let it die while blowing, or you can clip the wires and let the other fan be primary for the heating.

ITR has fans and they don't rob you. Order one up and plan on lots of contortions to replace it...but it's a straightforward process.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #557

ok another question, freezing

We have no water this morning, found out the water line inside the door of the water control is frozen, the valve to add water to tank is frozen so I cant add to the tank and use the pump. the water lines are heated and fine. How do you al keep that area warm, with the plastic tray bottom there that does not keep out the cold?it is 4 degrees right now.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:58 AM   #558

Quote:
We have no water this morning, found out the water line inside the door of the water control is frozen, the valve to add water to tank is frozen so I cant add to the tank and use the pump. the water lines are heated and fine. How do you al keep that area warm, with the plastic tray bottom there that does not keep out the cold?it is 4 degrees right now.
Man don't know where you are, but head SOUTH, weather in Mission, Tx is 62 degrees right now and has been as high as 84 during the daytime since the first of the year.
Come on down less problems and zero chance of even freezing let alone 4 degrees.
Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:28 AM   #559

Quote:
small ceramic space heater. Run an extension cord from the coach until you make time to install one permanently. Until you get a space heater, use a hair dryer to get water flowing again....and if you can't get to the store, keep that dryer on Low and disconnect the extension cord in your coach every hour or so for an hour.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #560

Quote:

I'm in sub zero weather in Central Oregon (single digits at night) in a 1997 American Eagle and I am having no problem keeping my rig from freezing. Here are a few things I've done that may help.
Ran an extension cord from electric power bay next to water bay and plugged in a short heat tape which I wrapped around the dump valves and pipe. Also, plugged in a small 40wt light bulb and clipped it onto and pointed it at the water valves than closed the wet bay door.
I put a small oil filled heater in bathroom and leave it on medium heat.
I keep my propane heaters at 60* on low fan.
At night I add bubble wrap cut to fit all windows if it is going to be single digit temps at night ... makes a big difference.
I was going to skirt the coach but I've found that this American Eagle is allot easier to keep warm than my previous 2000 Holiday Rambler with winter package. More insulation and 3/4 of the under carriage has a solid barrier rather than being open to the elements.
Another thing you could do that I have considered is open the louvered vent doors that hide the heater filter {interior corner of slide in galley} and put insulation carefully inside as this is area has no insulation and is only a few inches from outside air temps. Plus the water pump is right under this location.
Once you thaw everything try the water bay light and heat tape ... I think you will find this keeps things flowing.
Hope this helps!

with 325 Cummins & Spartan chassis
completelymo is offline   Reply With Quote