Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2023, 02:55 PM   #1

American Coach comparison...

All - I recently sold my 2017 Entegra Anthem 42 RBQ. I've been on the lookout for a 2020 AC however I am so new to the brand that I am having a hard time determining how the models stack up against the Newmar, Entegra, and Tiffins. I have been reading all day on these message boards and I think the consensus is that the lower model AC's are similar to that of the higher end Newmars, Entegra's and Tiffins, however the information is spotty at best.

In short, I have located a 42Q in mystic blue and think that it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. But, I haven't touched it yet. So, can anyone help me with model comparisons that have owned or have found research or have done their own research on hose the 2020 Revolution stacks up to the other brands?

Being very familiar with Entegra, I know they stack starting with the Reatta, Aspire, Anthem and then finally the cornerstone which for obvious reasons under the hood it's significantly more expensive but relatively similar inside and out.

How does the AC's stack up? Is the Revolution like the Anthem in value? Allegro bus for Tiffin and Dutch Star with Newmar?
Jadurlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2023, 02:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

In 2020 American offered the Eagle, Dream, and Revolution, with the Eagle Heritage model at the top of the line and Revolution the "entry level" luxury model. Since Rev Group also makes the Fleetwood, Monaco and Holiday Rambler lines, nothing in the American Coach brand is even remotely like the lower tier Tiffins or Newmars. I'm not familiar enough to say how the Revolution compares to an Anthem or a Dutch Star, though.

Maybe the sales brochures would help explain the model differences, but much of it is simply that options on the lower model are standard on the higher tier. View the 2020 brochures for Eagle, Dream and Rev here.

Back in my own day the tiers (in descending order) were Heritage, Eagle, & Tradition. A heavily optioned Tradition was almost indistinguishable from an Eagle (we called them "Treagles cause they were so close).
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:51 PM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

American Coach comparison...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadurlin View Post
All - I recently sold my 2017 Entegra Anthem 42 RBQ. I've been on the lookout for a 2020 AC however I am so new to the brand that I am having a hard time determining how the models stack up against the Newmar, Entegra, and Tiffins. I have been reading all day on these message boards and I think the consensus is that the lower model AC's are similar to that of the higher end Newmars, Entegra's and Tiffins, however the information is spotty at best.

In short, I have located a 42Q in mystic blue and think that it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. But, I haven't touched it yet. So, can anyone help me with model comparisons that have owned or have found research or have done their own research on hose the 2020 Revolution stacks up to the other brands?

Being very familiar with Entegra, I know they stack starting with the Reatta, Aspire, Anthem and then finally the cornerstone which for obvious reasons under the hood it's significantly more expensive but relatively similar inside and out.

How does the AC's stack up? Is the Revolution like the Anthem in value? Allegro bus for Tiffin and Dutch Star with Newmar?

Hi Jadurlin,

You are correct a 2020 Revolution would compare best with an Entegra Anthem, Newmar Dutch Star, and Allegro Bus with features and benefits.

It boasts the same Liberty Bridge utilized today and a steerable tag which is a nice upgrade over the Anthem.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:34 AM   #4

IMO I’d suggest you stay with Entegra or Newmar. While at REV factory service they refused to fix the entry door still allowing lots of wind noise. Warranty issues. This was one of biggest fails from REV for us.
While there a gentleman was there with his brand new AC which already had cracks around one slide as well as frame issues that REV could not fix. Send him back to Mississippi to have to make another appointment and return trip.
Our next coach will be an Entegra or Newmar. I want to be relatively assured that factory warranty service will be done and correctly most of the time.
Other then that our Discovery has been good to us so far.
Just our experience and thoughts.
Good luck
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 11:21 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I'll second Derek's comments. As a former AC owner, it appears to me that customer service has deteriorated since Rev Group took over Fleetwood/AC/Monaco. I've not visited the factory since Rev took over, but calls to Customer Service or Parts became frustrating and Rev soon changed their customer assist policy to refuse any phone assistance on coaches over 5 years old. Then they started claiming they didn't have documentation (wiring etc) that they had provided just a year or two before. Huh! And I've seen similar owner complaints to those that Derek cited. In my opinion that is not the service expected of a premier luxury coach builder.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 08:31 PM   #6

I'll have to agree with the last two comments about service response. A year ago I got great assistance from REV Group support. I just received a response just recently about my RV being built by the former company that went bankrupt and they don't have the info I needed. The year before I was put in contact with a service person who was quite familier with my model. I have 2005 Heritage model, which was their top model at that time. My RV is really great, I would even say timeless, and the fact that they don't want to help me with issues speaks volumes about them standing behind their brand. If they bought the rights to American Coach, then they need to stand behind all of them.

Wayne R.
2005 American Coach Heritage
165K miles
Wayne_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 10:36 AM   #7

A Discovery is a Fleetwood not an American Coach
connd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 05:48 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
....Rev soon changed their customer assist policy to refuse any phone assistance on coaches over 5 years old.....
The last I heard, it was 10 years....although that was not locked in.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 07:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by connd48 View Post
A Discovery is a Fleetwood not an American Coach
I’ll take it you missed the part about the guy I met in an American Coach and his experience at REV the manufacturer. Then all I added is that our lesser model of a Discovery which I identified as a Fleetwood both build by REV. It’s the builder not which name gets slapped on the side.

Seems no one else had an issue with my post
Have a great day.
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:44 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekF View Post
I’ll take it you missed the part about the guy I met in an American Coach and his experience at REV the manufacturer. Then all I added is that our lesser model of a Discovery which I identified as a Fleetwood both build by REV. It’s the builder not which name gets slapped on the side.

Seems no one else had an issue with my post
Have a great day.
I don't know that anybody "had an issue with your post," somebody just stating a fact for everybody that did not know that information.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coach, comparison