RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2020, 08:37 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
American Eagle 2004 40L slide motor

Bought a 2004 American Eagle 40L recently. The driver side main slide left side will not extend or slide in when manually push out. I cannot find a parts manual or information on how to repair. Is there a website to get info on how to replace the slide out motor. Any suggestions...
drtdwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the Forum. I’ve moved your thread to the American Coach section of our Fleetwood Forum. What slideout system is in your coach ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtdwilliams View Post
Bought a 2004 American Eagle 40L recently. The driver side main slide left side will not extend or slide in when manually push out. I cannot find a parts manual or information on how to repair. Is there a website to get info on how to replace the slide out motor. Any suggestions...
If you can find where the battery lives, I would directly jump it to see if it's really the motor. Could be a number of things.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

American Coach used Power Gear slide mechanism in those years (I had an '04 Tradition). You can find the tech manuals on the Lippert Components website.

https://support.lci1.com/leveling-sy...eveling-system
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #5

Slide out

If you haven't already, try youtube, enter american eagle slide inop, there are a number of videos on repairing your situation. If it turns out you need any parts, there are several motor home salvage yards that have web sites on the internet, also ebay and Amazon are good sources as well.
I've used all three for repairs on my 2000 american eagle, one last thing a multi meter is a great help for motor home electrical repairs, inexpensive ones are available on line or harbor freight.
sledhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
If you can find where the battery lives, I would directly jump it to see if it's really the motor. Could be a number of things.
Well, the motor works, but extremely slow, now only pushes out and in on right side. Left has to be manually pushed out and in. Thanks...terry
Old 12-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
American Coach used Power Gear slide mechanism in those years (I had an '04 Tradition). You can find the tech manuals on the Lippert Components website.

https://support.lci1.com/leveling-sy...eveling-system
Thanks Gary. I'll look...terry
Old 12-05-2020, 12:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
If you haven't already, try youtube, enter american eagle slide inop, there are a number of videos on repairing your situation. If it turns out you need any parts, there are several motor home salvage yards that have web sites on the internet, also ebay and Amazon are good sources as well.
I've used all three for repairs on my 2000 american eagle, one last thing a multi meter is a great help for motor home electrical repairs, inexpensive ones are available on line or harbor freight.
I looked on YouTube, but prob didn't use right search phrase. I will definitely look again. Thx...terry
Old 12-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

If the motor end of the gear shaft moves and the other end does not, you have sheared the drive pin for that gear. The "shear pin" is designed to break before a jam causes damage to the gear or shaft, so you probably had some issue that stopped one side of the slide from moving easily and the pin sheared off. You can replace it and get the gear driving on the rack again, but it may shear again if the base problem hasn't been resolved.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #10

Slideout

On you tube I typed in, slideout on 2004 american eagle inop, I also went to
, power gear slide out inop.
Not sure what configuration you have as slide outs, on my 2000 the left side extends and the right side bed room wall as well, the left side stopped working once , turns out I had knocked a wire off putting something in the compartment below the motor.
Hope yours is something simple as well.
sledhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, slide, slide motor