RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #1

American Eagle 40EQS

I recently installed floor covering in the rv, accidentally covered the rear heater vent. Could anyone provide me with the dimensions so i can locate and uncover the heater vent hole? Thank you

Jcaufield is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
You might want to include the year of your coach. I don't know that far back, but there could be slight differences if that model was mfr'd more than 1 year.

Lori-

There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:50 AM   #3

Thank you Lori our coach is a 2001. Jim
Old 06-07-2020, 06:59 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might be able to get a schematic of the duct work. I did when I owned a Bounder. Here’s a list of phone #’s that may help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	288581

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:18 AM   #5

Thank you Cliff for your help.
Jim
Old 06-09-2020, 08:44 PM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
I have a 2001 American Eagle 40ESQ and will be glad to get you the location and measurements tomorrow. Our bed is perpendicular to the RV length with the bed headboard on the drivers side. Heater vent is directly in front of electrical panel door on right side of bed. I will send you a pic if this sounds like yours.

Keith
kbmiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:48 AM   #7

Jim,

These are the pics of my bedroom heat vent. You should be able to find it if yours is the same as mine.

Interested to know what you covered your floors with? We are considering floor changes as one of our next updates. We're updating our AE and have considered going with wood tile flooring.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2001 AE 40ESQ - BEDROOM HEATER VENT.pdf (2.04 MB, 4 views)
Old 06-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmiddle View Post
Jim,

These are the pics of my bedroom heat vent. You should be able to find it if yours is the same as mine.

Interested to know what you covered your floors with? We are considering floor changes as one of our next updates. We're updating our AE and have considered going with wood tile flooring.

Those pictures want help find it, OP needs measurements from walls or cabinets.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Those pictures want help find it, OP needs measurements from walls or cabinets.
Rooster,

I think you may be mistaken. It is the same model, so floor plan should be the same. Look closely and you will see it is located center of the door to the electrical panel with the ruler showing the distance. Also included photo of the width and length measurements.

Once he cuts a hole somewhere in the middle he will be able to more exactly feel/see his vent opening.

Have a nice day.

Keith
Old 06-11-2020, 06:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Rooster,

I think you may be mistaken. It is the same model, so floor plan should be the same. Look closely and you will see it is located center of the door to the electrical panel with the ruler showing the distance. Also included photo of the width and length measurements.

Once he cuts a hole somewhere in the middle he will be able to more exactly feel/see his vent opening.

Have a nice day.

Keith

You are correct I didn’t see picture of cabinet when I opened up file the first time. My bad!
Old 06-11-2020, 11:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Jim,

Keith, we went with life proof vinyl planks. Our tile was bad in two spots so we replaced. The marble tile is terrible to get up. Underlayment was glued to subfloor and impossible to get up without a roto hammer. Had to add 1/4 underlayment to level the rest of the rv to bring up to the tile area. Vinyl was a little harder to get together not like the traditional plank flooring. But it looks nice and is easy to cut. A lot of angles and we added base trim. We cut everything with a saw and rarely used a razor knife. It was worth doing and cost less than $800 for 12 boxes only needed 11. Thank you for your help, Jim
Old 06-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #12

Jim,

Would you post a few pics of the floor.
Have you made other upgrades?

We’re the second owner and doing upgrades before hitting the road big time. Original owner had already upgraded to residential refrigirator but that was all. We’ve replaced the tires, all the batteries, upgraded both A/Cs to 15k btu heat-pumps, rebuilt both heaters, replaced the day/night shades, and I’m finishing up replacing the Source Manager inverter. And also the largest expense, having it completely repainted but it really looks good.
My wife replaced the curtains and has her heart set on replacing the floors.

Keith
2001 American Eagle 40ESQ