Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #1

An issue and a praise

Lets start with 5 star tuning. Finally able to take a trip after one trip had to be cancelled due to death in family. So, how well did 5 star perform? IMO, great.. noticeable change in the shift points as others have mentioned. Actually could carry on a conversation with DW without the roar of the mighty V10. Now, if I could get DW to actually listen then that would great. The downshifts were brief and much quieter. Inclines of various length and height, rarely did it shift to the screaming demon and when it did. It was very short. Would I recommend? Absolutely!! Just wish it helped the gas mileage a little.

2nd, seems a slight water leak has developed in the half bath of our 35K bounder, I can not determine where it is coming from. I'm thinking it is coming from a connection to the hot or cold faucet. When water from land connection is turned off, then no issue. Naturally since there is no pressure. Any 35K owners know of a way to get under the cabinet to check it all out?? Thanks in Advance.
olddog49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2016, 09:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog49 View Post
Now, if I could get DW to actually listen then that would great.
Let us know , if that works out for you.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:16 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I got under mine to change out the vent valve under the sink. I think I just left the door open and kind of laid down on the floor with my legs out into the main area of the coach. Not really a problem. If I remember right, you can see all the faucet connections. Also check the P-trap, had mine come loose and fall off. If your talking about accessing the plumbing after it runs through the bottom of the cabinet, you might be able to remove the bottom of the cabinet. Sometimes fleetwood screws panels down for easier access, other times you might have to carefully pry the panel up as it is stapled in. Worst case scenario, you could cut an access hole and later make a cover for it. I would also look in the outside storage compartment underneath that area. My bet is its a simple loose connection near the faucet or drain.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:11 AM   #4

Thanks to a bad back it is difficult to get into the positions mentioned. I was guessing it was a loose fitting as you mention Mojo Racing. As luck would have it, as we were returning to the RV Park where we were staying. I notice a yellow panel van with the name Fairly Reliable Joe, RV service and repair. I stopped and spoke with "Joe" and he said he could take a look at it in about an hour. True to his word, an hour later he appeared. There is a small triangle shape floor bottom in the cabinet and 4 screws. That part did not have any bearing on the issue as we found out. The leak was coming from the cold water fitting under the sink. It would have been impossible for me to even reach it. "Joe" tighten it down and presto no leak...noticed another leak by the fresh water valve in the bay where the water filter is located. He also took car of the one. An hour's time and good as new. Now it has me scratching my head of how many more of these little leaks will appear. Anyways, Joe did a fine job and price was reasonable. If anyone is traveling through or staying a bit in the Lake Havasu Az. area and have a problem. Check "Joe" out, I found out that his name is on a list in the park office along with other repair services. Figure if they didn't approve of him he wouldn't be there .
Old 03-20-2016, 12:38 PM   #5

Actually she does listen..time to time.... most just ignores me and goes about her way..hahaha
Old 03-21-2016, 07:03 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Service Reviews

Great to hear of your success!
Re: Fairly Reliable Joe, RV service and repair, I hope you post a review on www.RVServiceReviews.com. That is one of the most valuable sites to keep bookmarked for finding help while traveling.
Home base now in Kerrville TX
Al n Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:14 AM   #7

I can do that for sure.