Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
At 65, this is my first ‘’ hopefully not last’’ Fleetwood.
If you bought the right one it could be your last.

I bought my 99 Fleetwood in 2002 at age 63 and it is going to be my last one. Have Full timed in it since bought. And know it will still be going after I am.
It will have only 87K miles on it when I get back to my winter spot

Cheaper to replace items then trade MH. Besides I love the floor plan and have spent years doing little changes I wanted. So far I have replaced TV's, couch, both AC's( to more BTU then OEM), water heater(OEM 3 months ago). OEM side by side refrigerator still going strong. I will replace it with residential one when it gives up.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2014, 04:51 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pace arrow hmmmm. That name always conjures up great memories of a really opulent coach. I remember my father purchasing our first rv, a 1974 winnebago brave. The next year we went to the chicago rv show. As we walked up to it he said "this is what i really want"! It was a pace arrow and he went on and on about how nice it was. I remember thinking wow this thing is incredible! I wanted him to trade up but sadly he wasn't enamored with the rv lifestyle. Back then the pace arrow seemed like a provost to a 9 year old! Have fun!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:05 AM   #17

Hi all.
Sorry I took so long to reply. I will try to include a pic of the moho.
Plasma 800 : where will I go first you ask,? Being yourself Texan I was hopping for a few pointer from your side. So far there is a site near Palm Harbor call the dram chaser, a few hours from San Antonio that seems to interest me, but we haven’t check for availability. By the ocean would be nice but it’s not a must. An interesting city near by would be just fine.
So far I have look at site provided by irv2 forum, if you could point me in a ‘’ how to do search’’ advice, and some area near city that you would recommend. I realize that any site that mention ‘surf’ is out of price for me..
thanksClick image for larger version

Name:	pa.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	73402
nimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:35 PM   #18

Texas eh! Well how about Canyon Lake or New Braunfels in the hill country midway between San Antonio and Austin, then there's Corpus Christie and of course Padre Island or "Little Canada" as some call it.
Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Our First was/is a 1982 Pace Arrow we love her, she has only let us down once and that was 3 1/2 years ago. Everything is original and works as should.
Can't help you on your first expedition as this will be our first year as Sno-Birds or retirees but we are going to head to AZ for our first. Anywhere that we travel is a blast. We are in our late 50ties.
Nice Rig too maybe some inside shots? maybe...
Welcome, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #20

Hi all.
Just got back from our first camping trip. It was her BD.. And I decided that a trip in the RV to the Bromont camp ground was going to be her gift.. Actually I had plan a boat excursion but it was all book up for that week end.
Don’t have to say that it was also a gift for me cause I got to do our first long trip drive. I have to say that in the return trip I started to have the hang of it by not having to consult the left mirror every 15 sec to be sure that I was driving close enough to the center line.
We loved it so much that we did not bother to connect to the internet.. This morning the temperature was a 1 cell. Very exceptional for this time of year..
By the 2 snow fall that they got so far in Alberta and these cold night I should be fearing this coming winter but some how this RV make me smile..
Fly little bird…
Later..i have to unpack..
Old 09-16-2014, 06:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
Texas eh! Well how about Canyon Lake or New Braunfels in the hill country midway between San Antonio and Austin, then there's Corpus Christie and of course Padre Island or "Little Canada" as some call it.
Thanks a bunch for the info on rv site, I’ll be busy making a choice, at first glance it looks very good so far, will be back to you later..
Old 09-16-2014, 06:45 AM   #22

[QUOTE=spritz;2225611] Our First was/is a 1982 Pace Arrow we love her, We are in our late 50ties.

Wish we where in mid 50’s too.. «+10 »  but we hope that by the time it get too expensive ,Cuba ,with it non expensive and good quality med, will open up to RV snow bird ..
Later
Gilles.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #23

[QUOTE=spritz;2225611]Can't help you on your first expedition as this will be our first year as Sno-Birds or retirees but we are going to head to AZ for our first. Anywhere that we travel is a blast. We are in our late 50ties.
Welcome, Tim

Tim. Could you tell me a bit on the Arizona trip that you are planning, where and why. It will be also our first snow bird, so any advise on how to plan a trip.
I don’t know much about state park either.
Gilles.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:42 PM   #24

TRIKER 56
We also love the floor plan, 36B with twin pull out in the front, I’m presently working very hard to get her ready for the winter coming up. The front cap was so bad that I was planning to paint it, after some scrubbing with the proper stuff it’s just like new.
I’m curious, how do you manage a home fridge on the road ? By using the generator a bit every hours, of you are mostly plug in in a camp ground ?
I will try to add a pic of the inside..
Gilles.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #25

Triker ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	345.6 KB
ID:	74020  
Old 09-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzegb View Post
I’m touch from the warm welcome.
We got a 2003 Peace Arrow 36B, we fell in love with the double front slide out.
We are both in our mid 60’s and are planning our first rv trip and first winter in the US. To describe the state of mine we’re in, we decided to name her ’’ Last call’’ we are planning to have a vinyl reproduction of one of the famous painting of Salvador Dali ’’ a melting clock’’ that will be place on the back with the name.
Yes last call for the last adventure that hopefully will last many years until, like most people, the cost of medical insurance will clip the wing of these snow bird.
Even so we live close to Montréal, Texas seem to be attractive so far, we would like to find a site not to far from a city that could offer cinéma, resto and shopping..’’ any suggestions are welcome’’
From the trip back home, I’m delighted with the power of the vortex and the smoothness of the ride.
Yes, I would very much like to post a pic. and also because I have a few… questions in mind, but when I select ’’insert an image’’ it ask me for the url of it starting with http:….. Can any one help on this one..
Again, thanks for your patience and kindness..
Puzzlegb.
Yuma AZ is where we winter. Close to Mexico and 150 miles to San Diego, Phoenix and Palm Springs.

Lots of people go to Lake Havasu as well.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=puzzegb;2231318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Can't help you on your first expedition as this will be our first year as Sno-Birds or retirees but we are going to head to AZ for our first. Anywhere that we travel is a blast. We are in our late 50ties.
Welcome, Tim

Tim. Could you tell me a bit on the Arizona trip that you are planning, where and why. It will be also our first snow bird, so any advise on how to plan a trip.
I don’t know much about state park either.
Gilles.
Quartzite Az, Check out a site called DesertUSA Newsletter, they usually have a write up on it. I guess what sold me on it was you can pull off the Hwy anywhere pretty much and park. They also have CG's It suppose to be the largest collection of RV anywhere in the USA., They have rock shows , flea markets, and rv shows.
It's close to CA too.100 plus miles to Yuma suppose to be the salad bowl of the USA. I remember picking up a load of lettuce there when I used to drive a 18 wheeler and was just amazed at all the Fields of different produce.
We are going to try and get down there between Thanksgiving and Xmas and stay thru March.
My Doctor says it will be the best place from me too go with my Health conditions..
I'm going too try and see if I'm right!!!!!
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood