Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Antenna Help

Trying to figure out the various antennas that are on the roof, and which ones I can remove, if any.

First up, this old skol cellular looking antenna. Not exactly sure what this one is for and they quit making cellular antenna's for phone connnections 15 years ago, so I am sure its not for anything cellular.

Next up is this one that is just ugly as sin.

Then we have this one, which I am pretty sure its for the GPS or Sirrus/XM radio. Its mounted on the inside of the front winshield up against the left pillar.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #2

The first one could be an old cellular antenna. The second one looks like your FM antenna. I have no idea what the last one is, but being that it's inside, I wouldn't think it's GPS or XM radio. Could be some kind of booster for something in the coach.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
The first one looks like a CB antenna. I have a similar one on mine, but cant find the cable inside. Second one is the am/fm radio ant. Last one wont be xm, as those are usually on the roof also.
Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you pull out the console that is under the dash in the center of your coach, you will find the cb cable rolled up if it has never been used. You may have to search for it .
Heber Eason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:23 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are CB antennas that look a lot like old Cellular antennas,, #1
Am/FM Dash Radio #2
IF the first is a cell phone antenna, Then #3 is very likely it's partner

They call it a passive repeater, #3 could also be a TPMS extender antenna. OR .. Well there are several things it could be (Dish Network Remote #2 antenna)

Tags
antenna