Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #1

Hello all I am still undecided on which class A I am going to get. Does anybody have a thoughts on the Terra LX? I am looking at the 34' with the 8.1L workhorse engine, floorplan:34n,and Mocha Java color. If anyone has any thoughts please share them.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Daddyscooltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #2

Hello all I am still undecided on which class A I am going to get. Does anybody have a thoughts on the Terra LX? I am looking at the 34' with the 8.1L workhorse engine, floorplan:34n,and Mocha Java color. If anyone has any thoughts please share them.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Daddyscooltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #3

I have a 07' 32K Fiesta LX, full body paint, workhorse, allison, the rest is standard options. I've had several problems with mine and would not buy another, check carefully the cowling to dash fit and where they run the water lines in the coach. On mine the cowl-to-dash joint has come apart twice while driving and the linoleum is the only thing that covers the water lines running between the bathroom sink and the toilet? Very poor design and items I did not notice durring my PDI. If I had it to do over again, Allegro by Tiffin.
timp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:37 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Chris and welcome to irv2 . We bought a '05 fiesta with the 8.1 Workhorse and can't complain. I have added afew items since we bought it to help the handeling and just to have a project to keep busy. The 8.1 has good power and gas mileage. The only problem I have had was a jack went out, but it was fixed with no problem. I'm sure you'll be happy with the '07 Terra. Just keep in mind this is a entry level MH.
I question someone complaining on their first post .
Marty
Old 04-20-2007, 02:35 PM   #5

Not really complaining, just telling a future purchaser the problems I've had. How many posts do you have to have before you can express your disatisfaction about a product? I didn't knock any other Fleetwood products, just my own. I know they make good products, I bought mine after a close friend had several years of good luck with his. I just feel that laying linoleum over an open cut out in the floor is a poor design. I didn't mention the small, normal problems associated with typical RV ownership, just the two I thought that a perspective buyer of a simliar coach should be aware of.
Tim
Old 04-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
timp, Laying linoleum over an open slot in the floor was the cause of an employee, I'm sure not the policy of Fleetwood and was missed by the quality personel. Fleetwood builds a lot of units. I know my employees always follow instruction, yeah right.
With that being said I noticed in your posts on the other rv site and that you will be taking your MH in to get all the problems fixed in August.
Good luck,
Marty
Old 04-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #7

Marty,
In my case persistance over luck, any day.
Actually, it went to the dealer today; they'll take care of the little items and then off to the manufacturer in August(on or about the 16th) for the big stuff. As for laying linoleum over an open grove in the floor; next time your at a Fleetwood dealership, check out any model with a hall/walkway between the shower and the toilet. Only models with linoleum floors are effected, but that includes most or all Fiesta's, Terra's, Bounders and Southwinds. All the Pace-Arrows I've seen have wood/laminate flooring. My impresion is that this has very little to do with the assemblers quality control and everything to do with a poor design idea. So, I stand by my original comment, check the flooring very carefully!
Tim
Old 05-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 07 31 M. Took my first trip to Cottonwood Az. and got 7,9 going and 8.1 return trip. 8.1 with allison. Love it, but the wind and passing trucks had me all over the road. Doing better at driving now. Went to the Grand Canyon this last weekend pulling a golf on a tow dolley, got close to 7 miles to the gallon. Head wind from Grand Canyon to Southern Calif. Kids like it and the dog was out the window the whole time. Enjoy what ever you drive.
Glen Taylor Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:05 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glen Taylor Jr.:
I have a 07 31 M. Took my first trip to Cottonwood Az. and got 7,9 going and 8.1 return trip. 8.1 with allison. Love it, but the wind and passing trucks had me all over the road. Doing better at driving now. Went to the Grand Canyon this last weekend pulling a golf on a tow dolley, got close to 7 miles to the gallon. Head wind from Grand Canyon to Southern Calif. Kids like it and the dog was out the window the whole time. Enjoy what ever you drive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Glen,
Do you have any of the problems that Tim has stated?
Marty
Old 05-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Was laying on the dinette ( made into bed) and could see daylight coming through the floor boards under the dash. Got fixed. Went to put on electric brake hookup. Looked for blue wire and couldn't find it. Called fleetwood and they said it was under dash with a loop. Took the boy twenty minutes to find it, little blue wire hide behind air duct. About four inches long, so much for loop. Got a few more things Gaint R V has a few more things to address, the lady that was doing my write up quit and left me with a few more things to get fixed. Going in the 14th of May to do. Paneling in hallway loose, window in hallway bent, found the wiring under couch holding down the hose that goes into gas tank. Hope that takes care of my slow fillup problems. Caulaion on bathroom vent not up to par. Head to small for me, changed it out (water line comes out of wall). Love the 8.1, going to put wooden block under gas pedal for the boy. 75 is too fast for me. My dog Kona loves it and that's what counts. Made her a stand to hang out the window. Going to put in a bench seat in so someone else can sit up front and look out(will have seatbelts for safty). 07 Terra L X 31M. I bought it for my little girl. When I learn how to post pictures will show you all.
Glen Taylor Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:33 AM   #11

Well, it seems Glen has the common problems that most have with new RV's. I doubt that he'll have the water line cut-out in his floor; if I remember correctly, the 31M has all the water lines on the passenger side. Hence, no reason to run a waterline across the hallway, I believe the 31M has a drivers side hallway/walkway and a large double door restroom? But sense he had the gap from the cockpit to the outside/engine compartment and I had similiar maybe that's something that is common? Oh, and I second Glen's 8.1/Allison comment, awesome...
Tim
Old 05-10-2007, 06:15 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marty & Yani:
I question someone complaining on their first post .
Marty </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Shhhhh!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How many posts do you have to have before you can express your dissatisfaction about a product? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Exactly you tell em' how it is. Usually the first thing that comes out of a person's mouth is exactly what they mean.

I hope that the Workhorse is not the source of your dissatisfaction if so we can work on that.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:56 AM   #13

Nope, the Workhorse part is a dream come true! The Fleetwood part, well, they're working on it...
Old 05-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timp:
the linoleum is the only thing that covers the water lines running between the bathroom sink and the toilet? . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
-----------------------------------------------

Timp, Could you please better describe the water line thing. Is it like a couple inch gap in the floor boards to run the line or what and where? I have the hallway between the sink/shower and the toilet room. I have noticed when at about 55MPH +, and my driver or passenger window is partly open, the linoleum covering in the hallway lifts about an inch or so. If I have a gap there, that could explain a vacuum/pressure thing I've thought was happening but couldn't solve. How do you tell if there is a hole under the linoleum? Thank's,
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote