Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #15

Pick up ours this last March, we are the second owners, it only had 14,500 miles on the odo. We are very happy with the purchase, we have sorted through most of all the creeks, rattles and squeaks except for the squeaking in the dash. That one shows up between 45-60 MPH.

Does anybody know how the dash comes apart, my next project is to chase down the dash squeaks.

-Kevin
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2017, 03:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemist View Post
front exterior compartments filled with water. Rick

I noticed this on the drivers side very front bay, do you know how they fixed this problem?

-Kevin
Old 08-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #17

Had ours fixed at the factory. They put some longer screws in. No squeaks now.
hdfxrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #18

Kevin,
On our front storage compatments it looks like the dealer put rubber sealant along the inside corners. Rick
Old 08-23-2017, 07:36 AM   #19

reply echos my feelings almost exactly .... the one part of his reply here below is one thing I would like to do but do not know what kind of shocks to put on or if they will really improve the ride....

" I think my next step is swapping shocks to find a better ride. Adjusting tire pressure helped, but it is still rough ride"

I have a 2016 Excursion 33D with about 12000 miles on it now....we took it to the factory in March to get all the problems fixed and they did a great job....like the earlier poster I think it is a lot of coach for the money

If anyone has any knowledge of how to impro ve the ride I would love to hear from you....I don't have any issues with control but it is the banging when you hit a rough patch that is my issue

Jim
discus277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:00 AM   #20

I asked my Freightliner shop about better shocks. They sid ni options were available and charges over $100 for checking. After complaining loudly, I think the cost got down to $40.

I added the Blue Ox True Center about 1500 miles ago and wish I did it on day one. It really makes a huge difference in handling.

I was ready to trade up because of all the little problems, but now most are sorted and I really like it.
Jmills1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #21

Look into the tires. I have heard Good Year tires are terrible concerning this problem.
It will never ride like an auto and have you had it weighed axle to axle? You may have it overloaded. Do you see any leakage around the shocks?
fatboy9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:03 AM   #22

2nd Owner and happy so far

We bought our 33D last fall with about 4K on the clock. (12K now) Good power, good mpg, no major isues. Chased down most of the squeaks except for one psychotic angry squirrel that must be stuck under the dash. ....but I'm closing in on that one.
Wandering Mcs is offline   Reply With Quote