Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2021, 05:14 PM   #1

Aquahot 12v power feed

Does anyone with a 44H or 44B with aquahot and firefly happen to know where the 12v source is for the Aquahot system?

I donít see it connected to any of the house or chassis batteries. Maybe a fuse block somewhere or maybe even to the firefly panel? It disappears into a wire loom into the back wall of the compartment so hard to tell.

Itís been working great but all of a sudden itís not and I have a low voltage fault light on. Tried the reset and that didnít help. All batteries appear to be good. I put a meter on the aquahot primary 12v input wire and itís only seeing 3v. So clearly a problem.

Thanks for any help.
Chad
Radarthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2021, 05:26 PM   #2

May not be of much help as I have a 2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus. However the aqua-hot 12v goes to a circuit breaker in the chassis battery compartment.
Rodzent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:18 PM   #3

Thank you! Based on what I've been able to figure out by talking to Fleetwood/Firefly the feed comes from the Firefly panel. I'll have to pull the cover off and see what I can figure out. Hoping for just a loose wire or connection but knowing my luck probably some expensive Firefly module went bad. Ha.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:48 PM   #4

I was having some questionable power from the Firefly system a while back, and doing a reset cleared the problem.
Completely shut down everything on the Firefly, then do the battery disconnect for a couple of minutes. I would unplug and turn invertor switch off also. Those shouldn't make a difference, but the way these are wired, you never know.

If you have noticed, when you turn something "on" or "off", you can hear the Firefly switches "click" when they operate. With that in mind, I could imagine a particular switch failing and needing replacement, so I called Firefly and asked about this possibility. They indicated the switches were not individually replaceable, but I haven't actually looked, yet, to verify this. Would be nice if they were, even if Firefly doesn't consider them user replaceable. I recently repaired a relay for my slides that isn't considered either, so you don't know until you look.

If you really need the AquaHot and are going to look behind the switch/circuit breaker panel, I don't see why you couldn't just pull the AquaHot wire out of its terminal and temporarily put it in a different terminal of the same amps not being used, and then turn "on" what ever that terminal is for.. That's what I would do with any breaker panel if a switch failed and needed immediate power.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:02 PM   #5

Thanks for your reply and advice! I did some more troubleshooting this evening. I pulled the firefly panel out and found the wire feeding the aquahot. I tested the pin and it accurately showed 12v. That stumped me and made me think perhaps the wire was damaged or something in between the firefly and the AH. So I went back to the AH panel and tested the wire again, this time it was unhooked from the AH. Surprisingly, it was 12v.

So I connected the wire back to the AH and tested it again....now it was back to the 3v. So for some reason, when the AH load is applied the voltage drops from 12v to 3V. So I donít know if that means there is indeed a problem with the Firefly panel/breaker....or if maybe I have a damaged wire somewhere between?

For kicks, I just connected the AH to another 12v source on the coach and the low voltage light went away and it seems to work. I say it ďseemsĒ to work because the lights and fan come on. It tries to light but then fails....which I think is probably a different problem as I havenít serviced it in a year and a half (oops) and the nozzle is probably plugged. Iím hoping anyway.

But you are right, in talking to Firefly if there is something wrong with this particular output then I have to replace the entire G6A panel. Iím sure thatís cheap. Iíll just do it this way using the alternate power source instead and save several hundreds of dollars.

Chad
Old 11-23-2021, 09:32 AM   #6

Updated Solution?

What was the solution to this issue?
sanfordturbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power