RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2020, 07:59 PM   #1

Are the bays sturdy in the new Pace Arrow

We are looking at upgrading to a Pace Arrow 35S and in looking at it in comparison to other entry level DPs, the bays are rotocast and seem less sturdy. Anyone had issues with sagging or any problems with them holding weight?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2020, 08:05 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Our rotocast are just the opposite seem really strong. In the middle of our pass thru I carry an unmounted 22" tire that is really heavy and its been there for 16000 miles and over 2 years and the floor hasn't moved a millimeter.

I really prefer it, and in some bays I made a tiny hole with a drill so I can just rinse them out and the water goes out the hole. Im sure I could go with a bigger hole and a plug but I just decided instead to go with one of my smallest drill bits. I would throw a full cup of water in there and then find out where all the water flows as it finds the low point in the bay, and then make my tiny hole in that low area.

Again getting back on topic, I think they are strong, easy to clean and really practical.

(CLICK PICTURE TO MAKE IT LARGER)

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5075.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	306615  
We RV'd ALL of the lower 48 states and into Canada
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #3

I have a '16 Bounder with same rotocast stuff. If you put a decent amount of weight in them they def sag. I placed 3 tool chests in mine probably 50-60 lbs each and after a few months it was sagging. I removed them and after a year it returned to normal.
I have up to 6 storage tubs in all the other bays and they have not had any similar issues so it just depends on how much weight you are planning on a specific bay.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #4

My '15 Excursion has the rotocast compartments with aluminum C-channel braces mounted to the frame with all-thread (being a DP the compartments hang below the frame). I had one of the braces under a compartment where I carry wood and extra DEF fluid sag in the middle. Removing the C-channel and straightening has helped so far. The C-channel is easy to bend so may have to switch to something stronger. Also, have an unmounted spare tire and probably 50 lbs of tools, etc. in another compartment, has been there for 3 years and so far has not sagged.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

IMO opinion Rev Group has re-engineered a lot of their stuff to be cheaper but less reliable or capable. Probably makes for good manufacturing economics and lower build costs, but its the opposite of what you want for a an expensive product that the buyers expects to last a long time under widely varying loads & driving stresses.

The rotocast bays on my '04 Tradition were really rugged, both the casting themselves and the mounting thereof.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, pace arrow