Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #1

Aux battery switch not working

On a 2018 Southwind 36P my chassis battery got low and I needed to use the Aux switch to start the RV. When pressed, the light does not come on, there is no relay click sound, and no power to the battery. I have checked the fuses in the power control module, in the cab and all coach fuses. I was able to start the RV by running jumper cables from the coach batteries to the chassis battery, but the aux switch would be much easier if I can get it working.

Any ideas ?
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2021, 12:56 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you have the B.I.R.D. system, probably located in the electrical panel with the transfer switch, check the fuses on that fuse block. I think there are 5 fuses on the B.I.R.D. module.

If they are all OK, pull the Start Booster switch out of the panel and verify that all the wires are inserted in the back of the switch. I think there are four tabs on the negative side of the switch and one on the positive side.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #3

Sounds like the Solenoid needs replacing..
Lifesahwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:35 AM   #4

Thanks. I will remove the switch and see if I have any power. I have been unable to locate the solenoid so far to check it.
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:23 AM   #5

The solenoids are inside the BCC. The BCC will be near your batts and inverter usually in a basement compartment for Fleetwood products. The BCC is a gloss black and label approx 8"x8"x 5"

Tags
battery, switch