Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2021, 10:03 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Make sure you tell Carefree you have a Fleetwood with custom wiring and you do NOT have a switch from Carefree controlling the awning or lights.
I did email the carefree gal about this. I dislike the illumaplex stuff. I致e had issues with things just coming on by themselves. Once the bedroom slide just started to open automatically. Had to take the e brake off!
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #16

LOL. I heard that about the awning and neutral safety switch. One day when I was able to open the awning, wind less than 1 mph, I tried that. No dice. It did nothing. The motion sensor is meant to close it as well if you forgoted to bring it in.
I値l probably see if I can get a motion sensor that痴 less sensitive. From the rep I知 talking to it sounds like they only use the Bluetooth system now. But I have seen the sensors available elsewhere. I値l definitely put in a power switch. Pretty easy to do on mine. Hopefully that doesn稚 throw off the idiotic iilumiplex system.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:13 PM   #17

Yup, as I figured. So far it seems everything is going bluetooth. I just want a sensor that will allow me to open my awning in a 2-4 MPH gale wind, the current sensor basically does not allow me to use my awning at all. I can't get a response from anyone as to a part number. I only can find one part number on the carefree website. I guess I can try and get my son up there to pull the sensor I currently have and see if it has a part number on it. (I'm in the middle of multiple back surgeries and a ladder may not be my friend) I am going to wire in a power switch as my awning does not have a power switch and it's not connected to the neutral safety switch. I suppose I could call Fleetwood but that will cost me a qt of Bourbon as all I have ever got from them is aggravation. I seriously doubt they'd be of any help whatsoever. Carefree isn't much better. Between 10 calls and multiple emails I only got a couple questions asked.

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree...eeee_1x100.png

R060686-003 is the only part number I can find so far.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:36 PM   #18

Here is the less sensitive and also less functional motion sensor they sent me a few years ago:

060686-004 Rev 1.0

But this is for a Carefree Freestyle.
Old 07-16-2021, 01:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Here is the less sensitive and also less functional motion sensor they sent me a few years ago:

060686-004 Rev 1.0

But this is for a Carefree Freestyle.
Thanks for the part #. I知 in the hospital having my second back surgery in a month! I thing the sensors are compatible with different awnings.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:49 AM   #20

Hi....I had the same problem and decided to do something about it. Here's a link to the post and photos of how I did it:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/car...od-351714.html
Old 07-19-2021, 02:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phochief View Post
Hi....I had the same problem and decided to do something about it. Here's a link to the post and photos of how I did it:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/car...od-351714.html
I like that switch. Hopefully I can find one like it or similar. The green wire you cut and spliced for the switch runs into the BCC at pin 16 on top and center in the box. I値l splice in there and go up with the wire through the bay roof and through the sink area floor. I値l install the switch on the panel next to the stairwell someplace where I can reach it from the RV floor and also the ground. It値l be close to the area the awning switches are.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:29 AM   #22

Just be careful if you shut the wind sensor off. On my 17 vacationer 35K the awning already broke three times, small wind gust. it still retracted once it was laying against the side of the RV. Carefree sent me new brackets saying they were an upgraded bracket
jimbok58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbok58 View Post
Just be careful if you shut the wind sensor off. On my 17 vacationer 35K the awning already broke three times, small wind gust. it still retracted once it was laying against the side of the RV. Carefree sent me new brackets saying they were an upgraded bracket
LOL. That痴 sort of one of those, 典here痴 your sign moments. Awning broke 3 times. 2017 model. That just don稚 add up. Carefree has only responded to 2 of my emails to them. They sure haven稚 offered any freebies. They did offer to send a new sensor ( no idea which one as they didn稚 say) for $150 plus $100 shipping from Colorado to California.

I just want to try and get this thing back together enough so I can dump it. I can稚 do much for work on it right now as I致e had 2 major back surgeries in the last 5 weeks. I値l have to get covered storage soon as at home I don稚 have a cover. The roof leaks real bad. Hopefully I can get it under cover before the rains come. A guy would surely think something this new with only 12k miles on it wouldn稚 be such a lemon.

Tags
awning, wiring