Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bat wing antenna

Howdy folks, new guy here again with a question. I can't seem to get my Bat Wing antenna to bring any signals in while camping, some places we camp I can't get satellite reception and have to rely on my outside antenna. I have read in some of the other postings that there is an amplifier attached to the bat wing but I don't know where it is or how to find it, I assumed ( and we all know what happens when you do that) that it would be either inside one of the fwd compartments or on the antenna itself, so if any of you have an idea of where I might find this little gem please respond. All inputs will be appreciated. 1fanman/aka Del

1fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #2

Look in the cabinet above the passengers seat, in the back there may be a face place with a small switch in it. That is where our booster is on our flair
Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
You might want to give Camping World a call just to see if there is something like what your looking for is around.
Their number is 1-800-626-5944.
Another thing you might do if you get no responce to your question is try the yellow pages for R.V.repair or parts.
Hope you fine what your looking for.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some cable control box selectors have amp within them, press the first button on left and a red led will come on.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Inside, somewhere near the TV in a cabinet will be the connection for the TV to the antenna. It should be on a wall switch size plate and on the plate will be a small push switch. Push the switch and a green or red light should come on. You are now good to go, except, I am guessing that with a 05 rig, your TV is not digital. All, "over the air" signals are now digital, so, you are going to have to buy a digital converter box, connect that between the TV and the plug, and then everything should work. Don't forget to turn the box and the booster off when using your satellite or park cable. Sorry - life is never simple.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
Inside, somewhere near the TV in a cabinet will be the connection for the TV to the antenna. It should be on a wall switch size plate and on the plate will be a small push switch. Push the switch and a green or red light should come on. You are now good to go, except, I am guessing that with a 05 rig, your TV is not digital. All, "over the air" signals are now digital, so, you are going to have to buy a digital converter box, connect that between the TV and the plug, and then everything should work. Don't forget to turn the box and the booster off when using your satellite or park cable. Sorry - life is never simple.
No I recently update the main TV to a VIZIO LED so that shouldn't be a problem. Thank you for your response.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

1fanman--have you found the switch for antenna/cable? If you don't have antenna selected, you won't get a good signal. Our switch is in the front cabinet over the driver's seat. We have to use a flashlight to find it.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok here is the sequence.. IF you are the original owner of the RV then somewhere there is either a switch, or a box full of buttons (BOMB, phrase I conied Box Of Many Buttons) called a "Video Selector"

Now, as someone said, if you have the BOMB the left most button is POWER must be on and light must be lit.. He was wrong, however on the pre-amp being in the box, it's only the power supply/switch, the amp is in the antenna.

Many rigs have a wall plate, it has a Switch, an Light (LED) an antenna connection and a 12 volt outlet, IT is USUALLY but not always near the main TV, I have seen a rig with two such plates (Don't ask cause I sure do not knwo way)

I have seen a rig where the switch and light were on a plate by themselves.

I have a different system (I also have the Box of many).

LIGHT must be on, no matter the switch system LIGHT MUST BE ON and on the box of many the proper ANTENNA button pushed.

\The system I have is the Sensar Pro.. But you don't have it so I won't describe it.

That is the first part:

Second part; You need to go to one of the antenna pointing web sites like antennaweb

Find out which way to look

NOTE: if you have a wall plate such as described above, the Sensar Pro is a direct replacement for it.. Duplicates all but one function (no 12 volt outlet) plus it adds additinal pre-amplification and some realy nifty search and indicate features. Makes it way easier to point and shoot.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IN the last post I said "If you are the original owner"

So what if you bought it used.

ANYTHING is possible the prior owner may have messed up the wiring something fierce.

Was in one Fleetwood last year.. We were trying to figure out why we could nto get park cable to feed through.. Finally pulled the wall plate and found that the only thing hooked up was the red light, the coax cables that are supposed to hook to the back side were no place to be found, They had been ripped out and not replaced.

So much for a "used" rig in good condition. Yes, that is "Worst case". but it shows what can happen.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes I am the original owner and I will check out all responses, thanks to all that responded and I will post the results when I locate the varmint.
1fanman/Del

Old 11-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #11

Our Bounder did not come from the factory with a boosted antenae. First rv I've ever seen without one.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by alageezer View Post
Our Bounder did not come from the factory with a boosted antenae. First rv I've ever seen without one.
Fleetwood has to save money somewhere!

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When I read the Ops post it made me smile as I just went through the same problem. Yes there is a button it was hidden behind the DVD player on the bottom shelf on the drivers side. I thought at first the player was bolted down. I got closer with a bright flashlight and noticed it was held down with Velcro. Gently pried it up and low and behold hidden behind it was the little power switch and red led power on light. You couldn’t see any part of the switch with out moving the DVD player. I even looked with a mirror and flashlight.
Alageezer, I bet if you look behind the DVD player you will find the elusive switch.
Good luck and let me know what you find.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #14

Nope, doesn't have a dvr either. There is two cables marked F1 and F2, along with a 110v outlet. When I called the 800 number for Fleetwood with my build number, the lady told me it didnot have a boosted antenae. It does have an in-motion satelite dish though.

This was a used consignment model when we bought it. As best I know, the original owners only kept the unit about 12 months, and more than likely only used it to tailgate at Alabama football games for one season. It had about 2800 miles on it.

Tags
antenna