Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2006, 10:22 AM   #1

Does anyone know the brand and specs. for the stock Fleetwood converter for a 2003 Southwind 32V? I'm particularly interested in knowing how efficient the stock converter is for re-charging my two Trojan T 105 battries. Also, if two additional batteries and an aftermarket inverter/charger were installed, where would this additional equipment be best located?

Thanks,
Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2006, 10:22 AM   #2

Does anyone know the brand and specs. for the stock Fleetwood converter for a 2003 Southwind 32V? I'm particularly interested in knowing how efficient the stock converter is for re-charging my two Trojan T 105 battries. Also, if two additional batteries and an aftermarket inverter/charger were installed, where would this additional equipment be best located?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 01-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #3

I have a 36RS and added two additional batteries in the compartment just to the left of the entry door. I added 2 6V in series and parralleled them to the original batteries under the step. I also added a 3500w inverter in the same compartment running the electrical only to power the audio/video cabinet so we can watch movies without the gen on. So far it's been just right as we've watched 3-4 movies and lots of tv without having to run the gen for a recharge.
y2kbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #4

Paul, I believe you have THIS unit a PD9160A. Just look on the top of your SouthWinds converter as it is clearly labeled. By the way, if you have the 9160A you are wise to buy the "Charge Wizard" from Progressive Dynamics that easily plugs into the converter. Look HERE for info on the Charge Wizard.
BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #5

Bill in NY,

You were right on. I do have the PD9160 converter. I think the charge wizard would be an excellent add on but I don't have an apparent place to locate it.

Anyone have a Southwind 32V with a good place to mount a Charge Wizard?
Old 01-28-2006, 01:11 PM   #6

The Charge Wizard is a device about the size of a roll of scotch tape. It has a cable which has a connector that plugs into the PD9160A. I leave the Charge Wizard lying next to the converter and I can easily see it through the compartment vents. The Charge Wizard is really a MUST HAVE. A 9100 series without a Charge Wizard is not good. Newer models come with the Charge Wizard.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #7

I recently paid $19.99 plus I believe it was $6 shipping for a brand new Charge Wizard. This is a hard to beat price for the Charge Wizard. The seller told me they had more to sell.
Email: support@questliving.com
and ask them for availability and that you were told $19.99.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:00 PM   #8

Thanks Bill, I'm definately going to get one and I like your suggestion for installing it in the converter compartment.

Paul
Old 05-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #9

Commercial Member

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi!!--
For one of my customers in their Fleetwood Bounder of 1994 I found you can run the cable for the remote next to some more wiring going from the cabinet (pull up false floor) to the compartment below which contains the converter-- i then used a drill for a small hole in the cabinet and mounted the remote (using double stick tape) route the remote cable backwards to the converter and plug in-- voila!! a custom install with almost no real effort-- and the remote is where you can see it every time you come in or out-- (for monitering the mode the unit is in)
Old 05-15-2006, 07:16 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for your post wickedrevs56 and welcome to irv2 its good to have you aboard. We can always use different ways of finding the answers to our problems. The Vintage forum can use help at times also got to keep them running. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote