Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2018, 11:19 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Battery Circuit Control Board ?

I am having a multitude of problems with battery charging, and I have no power to start the engine, open the window etc. ...... it did work after recharging the main batt. but my battery drained so fast I barely got the engine to turn for a second or two. my transfer relay is good and I am considering replacing the control circuit board but it seems they are not available.........so.... I will rebuild the circuit board with new components but which ones?????? I need help.

this is in a 1999 pace arrow with the 454 engine
the circuit board is the intellec cb-115 I would like to upgrade it.

thanks!
donnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I was having similar problem with my Southwind, I have the same circuit board as you..

On mine, the chassis battery would occasionally go dead. What I found was that the isolation solenoid would energize and make a loud "CLUNK" and sound like it was working, but when I put a voltmeter on it, the contacts weren't making, and this was preventing the chassis battery from charging when I was plugged into shore power..

I think the chassis battery was going dead because the radio may have been turned on and the volume was turned down low. If the battery is allowed to drain completely dead, this can destroy the battery so it won't hold a charge again.

ALSO - verify the battery disconnect solenoids are functioning.

Anyway, Here is a link to the article with a lot of photos and a link to the diagrams for the BCC..

Replace battery isolator solenoid in the BCC – 1999 Southwind 35S

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you checked the proper operation of your battery system? I would start with shore cord unplugged. Take voltage readings at each battery. Then plug in the shore cord, repeat voltage readings. Your converter/charger should increase the voltage on all batteries connected. Unplug shore cord. Then start the engine and take voltage readings again. This should show if your BCC is working, allowing charging voltage through to both house and chassis batteries.

Have you cleaned all battery connections, including grounds? A dirty connection can cause lots of gremlins.

A Google search shows many sources of boards to replace the Intellec cb-115, many versions, too.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you one and all for responding!

I have been dealing with this for two weeks, And have been confused by the multitude of names items in my system are called it all depends on who you talk to.

All the solenoids seem to be working, The Start/charge- Disconnect? solenoid (The silver one) was replaced last year but I removed and opened it up....It is fine! A new one is on order.

I am cleaning all leads as I go and the control board is on my work bench, both batteries are disconnected.

I was testing voltages and my house battery has a lead marked and attached to the negative side showed 13.5 volts? I THINK the shore power lead was plugged in. Right now I have no idea how to check my system power circuits. and now with all these wires dangling I am not about to power up anything.

maybe I am paranoid but all things seem to point to the circuit board, and it is revision "A" so I am thinking it needs replacement. I need to either repair it or get another. The question is from whom? Intellec doesn't have any and is not sure if they will get any. ................Rotten!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0867.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	211672  
Old 07-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
I was having similar problem with my Southwind, I have the same circuit board as you..

On mine, the chassis battery would occasionally go dead. What I found was that the isolation solenoid would energize and make a loud "CLUNK" and sound like it was working, but when I put a voltmeter on it, the contacts weren't making, and this was preventing the chassis battery from charging when I was plugged into shore power..

I think the chassis battery was going dead because the radio may have been turned on and the volume was turned down low. If the battery is allowed to drain completely dead, this can destroy the battery so it won't hold a charge again.

ALSO - verify the battery disconnect solenoids are functioning.

Anyway, Here is a link to the article with a lot of photos and a link to the diagrams for the BCC..

Replace battery isolator solenoid in the BCC 1999 Southwind 35S

Yes I had the same problem while on the road. I had it replaced at Camping world about two years ago! cost me $300
Old 07-20-2018, 05:11 PM   #6

Look closer, you circuit board is from RV Custom Products. Not Intellitec
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:20 PM   #7

It looks like each connector is different so it should not be hard to figure out what goes where unless you have been pulling wires out of connectors...

It also would seem that if you disconnected the board and the power to the big relay(s) they control then you should be able to treat the house and engine systems separately. You won't get the engine to charge the house or vice versa but each should work while you are figuring things out.

I am basing that on the idea that breaking the power at the relays is not enough isolation as there is probably sensing wire or power wire that is drawing down the system it is supposed to be sensing.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes I noticed my mistake .................. Thanks
Old 07-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
I do not have enough working knowledge to accomplish what I think you are saying. I do not want to do any damage so I must leave things as they are. Meanwhile I am gathering components for a rebuild of this board. that I can safely do. Thanks
Old 07-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #10

I replaced by BCC board from RV Products as the batt disconect feature would not work when we bought the coach in 2012'

I bought mine off of Amazon - check it out !! It solved all my problems - the soldering broke after years of use - i hired a RV tech to replace the board - too complicated for me !! I recall they are now up to Rev P -
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:52 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Lack of communication

After much head banging and searching all over the INTERNET My problem may well be on it's way to being resolved.

But first let me get this rant out of my system.

To whom it may concern......... If you found a resolution to your problem it would be nice if you would give us the who, what, when, and wheres, of the resolution. Keeping it to yourself does no one any good. .....Thanks I got it fixed wont hack it!

Three weeks is wasted because of quite frankly, my ignorance, and the gross lack of information from this site. And this is a very good site! Poorly utilized.

Now as to why i am ranting, my battery control circuit board went bad, it is a RV Custom products CB-115 rev "A" looking on the internet only told me it was no longer available and no info as to a replacement, I even went to the what I thought was the RV Custom site only to read sorry we don't have any and wont get any soon...........The Fleetwood site gives a part number and nothing else,(what's that about?) calling them didn't help. (long wait) I was even told by someone RV Custom Products was no longer in business. Well today my son found a phone number for RV C.P. and It took 30 seconds to resolve my problem.

Granted I Have fault here ...But.... I ask, why is it so hard to find the information I need to spend my money? why do I have to search the heavens to get information that should jump out at me with one question? This is not the first time I have had this problem. I am not completely faultless but I am now somewhat relieved. END RANT!

Yes I ordered a board. so For future reference....RV Custom Products 562 921 8353 The price is $ 193 + 20-30 bucks shipping
Old 07-24-2018, 06:05 PM   #12

Did you NOT see my reply on July 21 addressing your problem ??
I disagree with you as this forum has provided valuable info over the years to fix common problems --
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote