RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 10:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bounder View Post
His comment was that "it is a commonly used relay", which is correct.

It is, indeed, a continuous duty relay, but is also commonly available from NAPA and other parts houses.
Yes, commonly used on motorhomes. Your best bet AND price is finding on-line. I'll dig up my URL where I purchesed mine.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 12:02 PM   #16

Yes. I attached the yellow wire to the post on the can. The wire is connected on the back side of the circuit board. Just wondering how to test switch.
jstarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:10 PM   #17

Have someone press the AUX start switch While your back at that solenoid. You should hear it CLUNK.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:24 PM   #18

When my charging relay went bad went to fleetwood dealer and they said relay was no longer made , went to a lot of auto parts store, they all said that they couldn't find it. I believe I was in Las Vegas and went to Napa they had 10 in stock and they said it was a commonly used relay. If you put 12v on the relay It should click , if you check both buss bars should read the same voltage with 12v on the relay if not the relay is bad.
3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:35 PM   #19

Ok everyone...thank you very much for your help. Now, I discovered a new issue. I wanted to check my AUX switch. I disconnected shore power, disengaged both battery switches above my door and heard the "click" as if I was going to store for the winter. I engaged the ignition key and my Bounder started! I have lights on everywhere with both switches turned off and shore power disconnected.

I assume that is not correct. Any advice?
Old 01-31-2015, 04:14 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarch View Post
Ok everyone...thank you very much for your help. Now, I discovered a new issue. I wanted to check my AUX switch. I disconnected shore power, disengaged both battery switches above my door and heard the "click" as if I was going to store for the winter. I engaged the ignition key and my Bounder started! I have lights on everywhere with both switches turned off and shore power disconnected.

I assume that is not correct. Any advice?
Actually it IS correct. RV-CP made that change (added circuitry to turn on both batteries when the Ignition is turned ON) on Release Level D of CB-115.

Your rev. level is well above that, probably M or N. Check it.

Read the first page of that document I sent you in my first reply. Also, that document gives you the procedures for testing all the functions of the BCC.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:57 PM   #21

If you change the relay be careful and put a drop cloth down , under you . If you drop something it will get lost without it. There used to be a video about changing the relay out .
3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:08 PM   #22

Wow Old Bounder...you are the greatest! I did not even think that was correct. I review your diagrams and test the functions of the BBC. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:09 PM   #23

Hello 3wheeljunkie...I will do just that with the drop cloth. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:43 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarch View Post
Wow Old Bounder...you are the greatest! I did not even think that was correct. I review your diagrams and test the functions of the BBC. Thanks!
No, not great, I've just been around the block a few times with Fleetwood Battery Control Centers.

Let me know if I can be of further help.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:25 PM   #25

$65 for my Trombetta 114-1211-010
Continus Duty 200Amp