Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #1

Bedroom Slide Problem-New to Forum

Hi everybody, New to the forum and enjoy the heck out of it. Recently purchased a Fleetwood Discovery 39S (2003). Worked on it for a couple of weeks repairing mostly minor problems and hit the road.

Noticed early on the bedroom slide would not go out but would at times. I changed out the switch thinking this may be the problem. Our first stop would not go out but did so after restarting the coach. Next stop did not go out so released the brake on the slide control (under the bed) and it went out. Figured the brake was holding it up as it retracts every time without problem. The last stop fiddling with the brake did not work so I hand cranked it out. Need to carry a 3/4" socket as only had a crescent wrench for this.

Anyway after reading all the posts on slide problems I suspect it may be the circuit board as the slide motor retracts the room without hesitation.

Any thoughts?
apdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Is yours hydraulic? May be a sticking valve.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #3

Thank you for your response. It is powered by a Power Gear 12 volt DC motor, no hydraulics involved. I am perplexed!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
but did so after restarting the coach

Says to me it is the house batteries! Check the voltage at the house batteries.
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to irv2. Here's a link to Power Gear tech docs which may be helpful.
http://www.powergearus.com/fleetwood-tech-library
Their techs are quickly available to assist with diagnostic help via email. Info@powergearus.com .
Good luck.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #6

Thank you for your response!

I thought the same thing at one time but after driving from Gold Beach to Crescent City the house batteries would have been at their peak. Both main and aux batteries show 13.5. Coach has to be running to move the slides as directed in the operating manual.

Also when it fails to go out the bring it in side of the switch activates so the power it there.

I just cannot figure this out, I would hate to replace the motor and have it be the circuit board or something else.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #7

You can hotwire the motor to rule it out. Look for the control box and verify the connections are good. Might be worth opening the box to confirm the relays are well connected inside too.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #8

APDP.....try checking the fuse on the slide relay. I would change it out (probably a slow blow type). You can use a regular fuse temporarily if you like. If that doesn't work, try plugging that side's wire harness into one of the other two relays. Hope this helps. Jonnyboy316
Old 05-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #9

Chris and Jonnyboy, Thank you for your tips. I will try both and let you know how it comes out.

Tags
forum, slide