Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2018, 10:09 PM   #1

Bedroom TV cabinet.

2017 Bounder 35k.
My bedroom tv cabinet door won’t latch close anymore. Any ideas? Is there a better replacement set of latches for this? I see no obvious adjustment.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2018, 08:26 AM   #2

Without seeing a picture of what you are looking, it's hard to give a good answer, but this website stocks many thing things RV related (plus most box stores have all kinds of cabinet hardware) https://mobilehomepartsstore.com/cat...-hardware.html

Same goes for Camping World and Amazon https://www.campingworld.com/maintai...erior-hardware
Old 07-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/motorhome-parts
Old 07-26-2018, 01:20 PM   #4

Figured it out. It has two of the latches below, the bottom one has lost much of it's spring so it don't hold well. I'll stock up on some extras.

They come in 5 lb and 10 lb versions. Amazon has them RV Designer H316, Universal Push Latch, 10 lb, Cabinet Hardware

Old 07-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #5

Fleetwood must use crappy ones being they are only 2 years old and failed.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post

Thanks for the replies.
Or is it possible the prior owner abused them? Mine work just fine and I live FT in it. I open and close that cabinet a lot (multiple times per day) as it has electronics in it and I try and keep it as cool as possible.
I do bash FW when warranted I just don't think those latches are poor quality - JMHO
Old 07-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Or is it possible the prior owner abused them? Mine work just fine and I live FT in it. I open and close that cabinet a lot (multiple times per day) as it has electronics in it and I try and keep it as cool as possible.
I do bash FW when warranted I just don't think those latches are poor quality - JMHO

Very possible. The TV door frame looks fairly square when it is closed. I'll need to measure to be sure. But, I figured out I have to lift the door just a smidge for the latch parts to line up properly. The original owner probably did the same as me and had to push hard or slam the bottom to get it to latch. So there is an alignment issue. Once I get my new latches from Amazon I'll make sure the alignment is good. Not sure if the factory latches are 5 lb or 10 lb so I just got the 10 lb units.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #8

2018 southwind and have some cabinet door and hinges. It has always sagged so much that I have to push it closed with 2 hands so it re aligns and catches. I looked at adjusting it but doesn't seem possible. Goes a long with all the other shoty workmanship from fleetwood
Foodmanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmanim View Post
2018 southwind and have some cabinet door and hinges. It has always sagged so much that I have to push it closed with 2 hands so it re aligns and catches. I looked at adjusting it but doesn't seem possible. Goes a long with all the other shoty workmanship from fleetwood
I haven’t put my new 10 lb latches on yet. I get no or little sag I’m guessing the bottom latch went haywire due to being out of alignment and the top latch wouldn’t hold it. I imagine with two 10 lb latches that are aligned correctly it should hold fine. May be hard to open though.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:26 AM   #10

BTW. No doubt the stock latches on the bedroom tv door are 5 lb latches. The 10 lb are much firmer. Being that door is actually angled downhill a bit, or mine is anyway, I think they are needed. I don’t much trust the tv door frame as it can flex a lot as you pull the door open. I always un-latch the top first then the bottom. Perhaps some stiffing is needed there.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post

Thanks for the replies.

Our 2016 Bounder main tv door latches broke right away because Fleetwood must have put latches on before tv installed so latches didn’t line up correctly. Bought 2 new latches & adjust, now closes & latches no problem. Many things on new MH had to be adjusted or replaced in 1st yr.
RM travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM travelers View Post
Our 2016 Bounder main tv door latches broke right away because Fleetwood must have put latches on before tv installed so latches didn’t line up correctly. Bought 2 new latches & adjust, now closes & latches no problem. Many things on new MH had to be adjusted or replaced in 1st yr.

Still haven't had time to install the new ones. But I did go to the MH yesterday and my new latches are slightly larger than the old ones, but They will fit fine. I honestly feel the frame of the TV door is too flimsy. It gets pulled from the center to open but latches at the top and bottom. When you close it sometimes only one latch will catch and you have to push the other one in.