Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
Our 2014 bounder has all Sony tv’s so Fleetwood must have changed. You have to go to the home button on the controller and then to sound, then change to tv. Change back to watch movies with surround sound ( nice!)
Correct. FW changed the TVs quite a bit. They do it even in the same model year (Sony/LG/Jensen/etc).
My Sony setup automagically works. Turn the TV on and it turns the surround sound on and it just works. I did have to read the manual and set up it to work that way but it does work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2018, 07:35 AM   #30

Update on the louvered vent covers. I got them in yesterday and found that when installed the piece that rotates to restrict air flow will not open fully. The "flapper" because of it's width, comes in contact with the housing the duct attaches to and will open probably about 30% or so. It will close fully, just not open fully. I opened both of them as far as I could, turned the gas heat on and found heated air coming out of the vents in the bedroom and rear bath. I forgot to check to see if the mid-bath vent was open or closed, but will check it again. I'm gonna try these and if they do not work, get with RV Outlet to see if they have a "duct housing" that goes with these.
tickfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:39 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
We just brought our 2017 35k home 28th March have not yet camped in it. I was loading some item into the bins and notice the painted strips do not line up on at the rear of living room slide. It looks like the slide has dropped almost an inch. The bottom of slide is rubbing on the top of the bin door. Has anyone ever run into this or even seen it on another coach? And what to do other than go to Fleetwood service center.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic .jpg
Views:	78
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	198044   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	198045  

lvnrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnrdream View Post
We just brought our 2017 35k home 28th March have not yet camped in it. I was loading some item into the bins and notice the painted strips do not line up on at the rear of living room slide. It looks like the slide has dropped almost an inch. The bottom of slide is rubbing on the top of the bin door. Has anyone ever run into this or even seen it on another coach? And what to do other than go to Fleetwood service center.
Hate to tell you; but we had our living room slide drop to the point where we couldn't get it in without jacking it up outside using a jack on top of a 3 foot long piece of 4x4 lumber.

The repair center took a couple days to readjust it which worked for one slide out/in cycle then it dropped again.

They then replaced the front slide motor... so far that has worked. Although we now have a loud squeal coming from the back slide motor when we move the slide in or out now.
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:39 AM   #33

Weight in the storage area?

Haven’t had that problem in our 2014 bounder. First time I spent 3+ months in Florida with slides out.
Trying not to overload storage area on big slide. We’ll see on Monday if slides come in as supposed too.
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
We have the 17 35K.

Switch in the cabinet above the passenger side seat was wired backwards. This was fixed as warranty work by the dealer.

We also had slide issues - the dining room slide was so loud that we couldn't open and close it during 'quiet' hours at a campground. The dealer pulled the slide and found that the 'slide runners' had never been installed by FW, so it was grinding metal on metal. Again, the dealer fixed it as warranty work. The difference is night & day.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #35

On my 2017 I have to unplug my DVD player for my volume to work on the main tv . Worked fine for about a year and just started doing this in march while we were in Florida not sure what the dealer will do for me
Jwicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #36

Angry Not much heat to rear bath 35K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopalms View Post
Have a couple of issues that I would like to know if other 2017 35K owners have
had?

1: cannot adjust TV volume on main TV and Bedroom TV. Volume works fine when watching video on main TV

2: not much heat comes out of rear bathroom in floor duct by bathroom toilet

Was told by service department that Fleetwood is aware of volume issue on Jensen TV's
I have a 2018 Bounder 35k.... I also am not getting ANY heat from propane furnace to either rear bedroom or rear bath. I looked (1) under the bed and the 4" round heat duct is crushed where it comes into the bedroom from the 1/2 bath. Also, I removed the 1/2 bath toilet and also found the the 4" round heat duct was crushed where it enters the 1/2 bath and goes to the bedroom.... Crushed completely in 2 places during the factory build!!!!

***I will be taking it back to the Decator Fleetwood Service Center to correct this and other issues I have with my 2018 Bounder in July 2018.
Bounder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:13 AM   #37

Totally unacceptable

Unacceptable that you had to go thru all that to find the problem. Take this as far as you can.
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:34 PM   #38

Fleetwood has been aware of the TV issue since December of 2016 according to a in house memo. Their response is the Jensen is not compatible and there is no remedy. They are also aware of the heat to the bedroom and rear bath. We took ours to the service center in Alvarado and the service rep said because of the location of the furnace combined with a vent at the stairs and the one under the sink, most of the heated air is distributed there. Z3406 put me on the louvered vents which helped but still not a lot of heat to either location.
tickfarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder