Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #29

The coaches with opposing slides have the heavier duty chassis.
We were at the Jacksonville RV show today a 2017 Bounder 35K was 124,999.00 The MSRP was 182,621.00.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2017, 05:51 AM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
If you have a 2016 or 2107 35K check the awning mounting brackets. There are 4 of them. On the bracket above the porch light and the lavatory window they have left a screw out on every coach I have seen. The issue is these awnings do not have support struts. If a wind catches the awning the one screw holding the end bracket may shear and your awning may jam. Don't ask how I know.
AL, Do you know the size of the screw needed on the awning bracket #10 Sheet metal???

Also, just a question, I have noticed that my power awning is not ALL the way retracted. It is not seating into the shield cover by maybe a 1/4 inch, sticking out in the front just very slightly. I haven't notice any issue traveling but just wondering if you have seen this and is there any sort of adjustment?

Also, another side note. I was in New Orleans and had a very heavy rain when I pulled into the park. Trying to get my awning out to provide some cover and it would not roll out. I could hear the motor working but it just stopped at about 10 inches. Long story short, it had something on the top when I rolled it up last and the awning itself was actually sticking together. The awning I guess sensed this and would stop the motor after a few seconds and it would have to be rolled in and reset the process. Took me a bit and after the sun was up good, to roll out, let it unstick slowly at the point then roll out a bit, let unstick, You get the point. I never thought about unrolling my awning and washing it to remove anything (maybe tree sap?) from the top then letting it dry good and rolling back in.

food for thought.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:20 AM   #31

Dennis
In post 452 on the 2016 Bounder thread I have the installation manual for the carefree awning attached. All the screws and specs to install the awning are there.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:30 AM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Dennis
In post 452 on the 2016 Bounder thread I have the installation manual for the carefree awning attached. All the screws and specs to install the awning are there.
Thx Al, post saved to my Bounder file
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:50 PM   #33

Picked up our new 2017 Bounder 33C last week and went through a very long walk-thru covering most everything inside and outside the coach. Pretty hard to absorb all the info and retain it in my head.

There's a big black zip bag containing manuals for all of the individual appliances, etc, but there was no Fleetwood User Manual for the Bounder 33C. I'll call the dealer tomorrow to get one mailed to me.

But first, I went to the Fleetwood website and downloaded the "2017_Fleetwood_Class_A_Gas Owners Manual.pdf".

A LOT of the illustrations and documentation doesn't seem to apply to my 2017 Bounder 33C. Like for example it refers to the electrical system's shore cord being rated at only 30 Amp 120 Volt AC. Mine is actually a 50 amp cord with a pair of AC units on the roof.

The Control Panel doesn't look anything like the one in my coach (located over the entrance door).

I've figured out how to set Zone 1 and Zone 2 AC units to either on or off and the preferred temperature setting. There's no other "thermostat". I know how to start and stop the generator and level the coach.

My question is, is this the same Owners Manual that I will be getting from the dealer? If so, it's certainly lacking in descriptions and up-to-date images. Is there a better manual available anywhere?

Thanks,
David
Old 02-16-2017, 02:43 AM   #34

That is about as good as it gets. Technical writing of manuals is not one of Fleetwood's forte.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #35

Pho
The packet of manuals is a pretty good start but definitely not all inclusive. The Fleetwood owners manual that I have for my 2016 is vague and not up to date. Most of the component manufacturers have manuals available on line you can download. A lot of the issues you are having has been discussed in the 2016 Bounder thread. I have posted a lot of the pertinent manuals in that thread. Look behind the toilets in your coach chances are there are manuals for the vacuflush in some plastic bags there.
Vacuflush
Hold the flush petal down for 3 seconds on each flush. Let the pedal snap back to clean the ball. If not using the system for more that a week flush the lines as per the owners manual.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Im pretty sure its been the same manual since 2012
Old 02-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #37

Our New Bounder!

Hi Everyone, I've been following the Bounder threads for some time and we finally picked up our new 2017 35k Bounder. We got it in Alvarado, TX and drove it back home to Phoenix as our first trip! Luckily it handled great and we are so excited to have it. We have never owned an rv before, let alone a Class A, so I was wondering if there are any checklists that we could use to get the rig ready for a trip and then to put it back in storage? We certainly don't want to miss something and cause some major issues due to our forgetfulness, so any help is appreciated!

Thanks! Hopefully we'll see you on the road!!
ellis1golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:48 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congratulations,
We are also relatively new owners of a 2017 35K. We purchased ours in July. Like you we never owned an RV or even a tent. May stay in contact to see if some of our smaller issues are the same as yours. Trying to figure out now what type of vehicle to tow 4 wheels down. We have done three very short trips and keep learning on what to pack. There is a lot to remember. ENJOY
Old 02-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis1golf View Post
... We have never owned an rv before, let alone a Class A, so I was wondering if there are any checklists that we could use to get the rig ready for a trip and then to put it back in storage? We certainly don't want to miss something and cause some major issues due to our forgetfulness, so any help is appreciated!

Thanks! Hopefully we'll see you on the road!!
I have looked at quite a few. If you search the forums you are thinking of on irv2 you can probably find some. I have grabbed a couple from here too and modified them as time went on:
RV Checklists
Old 02-25-2017, 09:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
I have looked at quite a few. If you search the forums you are thinking of on irv2 you can probably find some. I have grabbed a couple from here too and modified them as time went on:
RV Checklists
Thanks so much! I'll take a look. I love this forum!!
Old 02-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopalms View Post
Congratulations,
We are also relatively new owners of a 2017 35K. We purchased ours in July. Like you we never owned an RV or even a tent. May stay in contact to see if some of our smaller issues are the same as yours. Trying to figure out now what type of vehicle to tow 4 wheels down. We have done three very short trips and keep learning on what to pack. There is a lot to remember. ENJOY
Congratulations to you, too! We are looking at the same thing. Thought we could tow our Kia Soul but then found out it won't work....boo! So now we're on the prowl for something else that isn't expensive and not large...we thought maybe a VW? Love to share some experiences with you! We are planning our second trip in a couple of weeks...just a short trip about a couple of hours away so we can get used to everything. It's exciting!!
Old 02-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #42

TV help

When we picked up the RV, the tv's were all working on local channels in Dallas. We know we need to get dish set up...already have the King Tailgator and 2 wally's included in the RV...but when we got it to Phoenix, we can't get them to work, they keep trying to connect to the Dallas stations! Can anyone help me figure out how to pick up our local stations here? Thanks!

Tags
bounder