RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #1

Bounder 33c first time

I am picking up mu new to me 2013 bounder 33c tomorrow

for the short term i will parking at an outdoor storage place till i get a few other things worked out.

It will be outside with no power.

What so i need to do? is there a majik breaker i turn off to be sure everything is off and there is nothing leaking power from my batteries? anything else i should be worried about for the short term parking?

This is central florida, not worried to much about freezing.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2015, 04:56 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats and welcome to irv2.
My battery disconnect switches were above the entrance door. Yours may be as well.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #3

Thanks

I found them and i am pretty sure it shut off everything.

I went the extra step and found the breaker box and set all those off also.

I stent 10 min in the rig trying turn on stuff and nothing seemed to have power so I think i got it.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #4

well that was a waste of time.

A little research and looking around and I am sure the house bank was dead the min I picked it up.

I am pretty sure they are bricks now. Voltage never got above 8 even after 14 hours on shore power. Started at 7. I kinda knew I was gonna have to replace em soon. I was just hoping i could get 6 months or so of use before i had to do it.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #5

Before you use them, charge your new batteries 24-36 hours. They will give you better service in the future with a 100% charge. New Batteries are seldom charged more than 80% or so when you buy them. If you have 110v available hook up a trickle charger (not shore power) or charge them in your garage before installing them.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:07 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes, use a real battery charger to charge them. Charging through shore power will not bring them up to where a severely discharged or new battery needs to be.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Before you use them, charge your new batteries 24-36 hours. They will give you better service in the future with a 100% charge. New Batteries are seldom charged more than 80% or so when you buy them. If you have 110v available hook up a trickle charger (not shore power) or charge them in your garage before installing them.
Quote:
Yes, use a real battery charger to charge them. Charging through shore power will not bring them up to where a severely discharged or new battery needs to be.
I'm not sure of the logic or validity of either of these comments.

I feel certain that the factory installed converter in the 2013 Bounder would be far superior in charging and/or maintaining NEW batteries than any "trickle charger" made.

Without knowing the posters definition of "a real battery charger", I can't compare charging algorithms, profiles or features, with the factory installed converter in the '13 Bounder, but I do know that the converter in the Bounder is a multistage smart charger/maintainer.

Tags
bounder