Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2023, 03:51 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Bounder 35 GL, AC placement

i am considering this unit and noticed the placement of the rear AC, almost in the middle of the coach. Any owner comments good or bad on this placement. i had a 35’ Sea Breeze many years ago and it was much further toward the bath and bedroom .
i would really appreciate comments this is a very new floorplan

ihave a 40’ now with 3 ac units and want to go smaller
okdeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2023, 07:12 PM   #2
US1

Had a 33 Bounder, now a 36 Bounder, both had the 2nd AC mid coach as you said. Never had any issues with that setup. I just assumed it was to keep the AC noise away from the bedroom. But I still hear them kicking on/off, so I may be misguided
US1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:11 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks

Thank you I am glad its nothing new. I agree, they are loud.
In my Tiffin, I ran the 2 front AC units on Fan On, at night and mostly stayed cool. I had not thought that through. A friend of mine has a bounder that he uses often.

Thanks
okdeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 05:34 AM   #4

35 k here, no concerns with our midship rear unit, ducted so gets air to bedroom fine, in Florida now and keeping us cool. Its nice to have the unit midship if you run the heat pump and can dump the warm air up front in the morning ,and close off the bedroom .
Old 01-29-2023, 08:42 PM   #5

Mid ship is best. Allows more room on roof for solar.
SavnTheWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 07:35 PM   #6

I have a 35GL and the rear ac unit is just fine. keeps us nice and cool in the back. it has ceiling ducts so it pumps the air back there. also a heat pump. there's a rear thermostat temp sensor in the bedroom so you set your temp and it's perfect.
rampin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, bounder