Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Bounder 35k

I am interested in the 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35k.
It has the extra restroom but I dont know if it has 2 black tanks. If it has 2 black tanks then do they connect together or are there 2 dump pipes?
Is the fuel economy better than 8mpg?
w2drfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #2

The 35K has a vacuflush system 1 black tank 2 vacuum toilets. I'm getting around 7mpg with mine towing my Sonic with a tow dolly. Please make sure the coach you buy has the 2016 6 speed chassis, there are 16 coaches out there with the 2015 5 speed chassis. I have not seen a 2016 30th Anniversary edition that has the 15 chassis. There are two 2016 35K's out there the pre anniversary edition and the 30th Anniversary Edition(2016.5)
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Thanks. z3406. I will look for thev6 speed. Is there any mpg info on the 6 speed?
w2drfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #4

Mpg will be more dependent on how fast you go and how you drive. Keep the speeds under 60mph, do not use cruise and coast up/down hills and you can get possibly 7-8mpg

Use cruise, go 65 mph+ and do whatever it takes to maintain speed up any incline and you will get well under 7 mpg.

I would get 6-8 mpg in my 6 speed workhorse 38ft bounder, pulling a JKU. I would usually travel 70-73mph, coast up hills/inclines and never use cruise.... Typical was 7-7.5mpg and I would assume the ford 6 psd will be similar.

Pushing a loaf of bread down the highway isn't easy
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
The 35K has a vacuflush system 1 black tank 2 vacuum toilets. I'm getting around 7mpg with mine towing my Sonic with a tow dolly. Please make sure the coach you buy has the 2016 6 speed chassis, there are 16 coaches out there with the 2015 5 speed chassis. I have not seen a 2016 30th Anniversary edition that has the 15 chassis. There are two 2016 35K's out there the pre anniversary edition and the 30th Anniversary Edition(2016.5)
A way to tell at a glance if a 35K is the Anniversary Edition is the wooden topper on the doghouse and the full cockpit mat.
Elwood58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmith View Post
It has the extra restroom but I dont know if it has 2 black tanks. If it has 2 black tanks then do they connect together or are there 2 dump pipes?
You will be hard pressed to get 8 out of a 36' gasser . I am averaging 7 fully loaded on Florida (so no mountains) 60 mph. W/o AC maybe I can eek out 7.5 doing 55-60.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:23 PM   #7

Smile Bounder 35K

We also have a 2016 Bounder 35K, bought in December '15. After selling the stick and brick and selling/giving all of our "stuff" to kids/family/friends/charity, we decided to go full time. We have been very pleased with our Bounder, have had very few issues to contend with. We are presently in Texas and will be heading back to Florida in July and have already set up appointment with selling dealer for a couple of things that have shown up since delivery. Mostly small issues compared to some of the others'. The biggest 'peave' (I guess is the right adjective) is the water that accumulates on the driver's side slide. I have made a pole broom out of pvc and a broom head that I use to help remove the water. As before we have had to get on roof and sweep and gets somewhat challenging at times. Safe travels to all and enjoy the ride/sights/time and of course "the smell of the roses".
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16bounder View Post
We also have a 2016 Bounder 35K, bought in December '15. After selling the stick and brick and selling/giving all of our "stuff" to kids/family/friends/charity, we decided to go full time. We have been very pleased with our Bounder, have had very few issues to contend with. We are presently in Texas and will be heading back to Florida in July and have already set up appointment with selling dealer for a couple of things that have shown up since delivery. Mostly small issues compared to some of the others'. The biggest 'peave' (I guess is the right adjective) is the water that accumulates on the driver's side slide. I have made a pole broom out of pvc and a broom head that I use to help remove the water. As before we have had to get on roof and sweep and gets somewhat challenging at times. Safe travels to all and enjoy the ride/sights/time and of course "the smell of the roses".
You can try some smallish beach type balls under the slide awning. And when it's windy you can tie some string around the whole slide to keep the wind from flapping it. This string also allows the water to not accumulate and roll off.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16bounder View Post
I raise the jacks before I bring in the slides. Let it sit for 30 seconds, then bring in the slides. Seems to work for me.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic57 View Post
I raise the jacks before I bring in the slides. Let it sit for 30 seconds, then bring in the slides. Seems to work for me.

I think you mean lower the jacks thereby raising the MH. I read it fast the first time and thought you were retracting the jacks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmith View Post
We have a '14 that we purchased last October. Mileage has averaged 6.5 - 7. I run 65-68 per my GPS and use cruise. I also have the 5 Star Tune which is a must have IMHO.
We love our coach.

Happy Trails.....
Old 05-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I think you mean lower the jacks thereby raising the MH. I read it fast the first time and thought you were retracting the jacks
Nope, I retract the jacks. With the slight nose down attitude, it provides enough slope for the water to run off. I have raised the rear jacks before to accomplish the same goal, but found it has worked find just retracting them before running the slides in.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic57 View Post
Nope, I retract the jacks. With the slight nose down attitude, it provides enough slope for the water to run off. I have raised the rear jacks before to accomplish the same goal, but found it has worked find just retracting them before running the slides in.

Fleetwood and Powergear both say to take slides in first and then retract jacks. An uneven site would cause havoc to the slides . But if it works for you ....

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Fleetwood and Powergear both say to take slides in first and then retract jacks. An uneven site would cause havoc to the slides . But if it works for you ....
I hear ya. I only do that when it has been raining, and I'm typically parked on a level site. I can understand their logic if the coach was way out of level, but off the jacks and on level ground shouldn't be an issue. Now, if I can just find a way to keep the rails from getting my carpet dirty.....

Tags
bounder