Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2008, 07:18 AM   #1

We have found a 2008 35-E Bounder we like. We had been looking at the Pace Arrow and Southwind. After going thru the brouchers (which are not very well organized) to find really what the difference in these three units other than some cosmentic and a few extra options that are standard on the Pace and Southwind and are options on the Bounder. The price difference is around $20,000 between the three. Is there anything major that I am missing? Thanks for any input!
sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:18 AM   #2

Bounder

We have found a 2008 35-E Bounder we like. We had been looking at the Pace Arrow and Southwind. After going thru the brouchers (which are not very well organized) to find really what the difference in these three units other than some cosmentic and a few extra options that are standard on the Pace and Southwind and are options on the Bounder. The price difference is around $20,000 between the three. Is there anything major that I am missing? Thanks for any input!
sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Sandra,

My wife and I went through the same process you are going through right now. As you move from the Bounder to the Pace Arrow you find more cosmetic vs structural differences. We narrowed our choices between the 35e, 36d and the 37c before choosing the 35e...and we would have been happy with any of the three.

First, find the floorplan that meets your needs and then determine what options you want to include or upgrade...dinette, fridge, ovens, TVs, etc.

We ended up ordering the unit with every option we wanted because we could not find one with the credenza instead of the booth. Do not settle with what is on the lot if it isn't exactly what you want or need. Either way, you should be able to take about 25% off of MSRP.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:39 AM   #4

Sandra,
I don't think you are missing anything, you've got it figured out
We have some friends that bought a 2008 35-H at the Sedalia, MO Bounder rally last year and they love it. The various 35' floor plans seem to be the most popular Fleetwood has ever had.
Loren
Old 02-25-2008, 08:25 AM   #5

Try this site:
http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/
You can see them side by side there since they are all made by Fleetwood.
Fleetwood lists them in this order, Pace arrow, Southwind, Bounder. It's a toss up for me except for the standard v/s optional features as you mentioned. INMHO, I love my Bounder!
JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #6

We went through much the same process. To include long test drives of both the Workhorse and Ford options. Just about drove the dealer nuts We finally chose the Bounder 35E on Ford. To us, it finally boiled down to very little difference except for price. I still like the front cap design on the Southwind better and the Allison six speed has got to have some kind of an edge on the Ford's five. But, I could not find enough to justify the additional $$,$$$. We've now had our 35E for 14 months and a little over 12,000 miles. Other than a loose wire on the levelers, we've not had problem one. We're getting right on down the road and averaging 7.68 mpg towing with the V-10/5-speed. Looking back, wouldn't change a thing.
I don't think you can go wrong on any of the Fleetwood models, but I do believe you can spend a little more than you need to!

Saturn Vue pushing a Bounder 35E
Old 02-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandra:
We have found a 2008 35-E Bounder we like...Is there anything major that I am missing? Thanks for any input! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once you have narrowed your choices down to 2 or even 3 rigs: drive each one of them. Try to take the same route. Leave the dealership and get onto a main highway. Then thank your dealer and go sleep on it. May sound strange, but it sure helps. (Of course this works best if one is actually comparing RV's on the dealer lot.) We fell in love with a beautifully outfitted Pace Arrow, but it was heavy/pricey and our particular dealer would not negotiate Pace Arrow price. After driving all three, we called it a day. DH wanted the Ford V10, aluminum rims, full paint. I wanted automatic: levelers, awnings, four-door ref/freezer...and
30% off MSRP! Ron Thorn @ Giant RV in Murrieta, CA. came thru for us! We love our baby 32' 2007 Southwind Ford V10.
The Bounder was soooo sweet also...you really can't go wrong !
Which ever one you pick, please know you have a great 'family' out here to ask questions or compare notes with!
Cheers!

2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V w/Ford V10
Bludog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Everybody here is spot on. We, too, compared all 3 models.

For us, there wasn't a floorplan in the Southwind we liked. The Pace Arrow was too pricey for what was in it. The Bounder had a floorplan we liked at a good price. We really enjoy our Bounder.

Take your time & go with what fits best for your lifestyle.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:54 AM   #9

My wife and I looked at all the same units. We liked the floor plan on the Bounder 35E the best. Fleetwood was at the Hershey, PA show and included the Workhorse and Alcoa wheels at no cost. Got a great deal from Rick Hand at Media Camping Center, Hatfield, PA. We have had it for a year and are very happy with our purchase.
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote