Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #29

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Turns out a lot have 35Es! Great floorplan IMHO!

Steve Bernard
President Gold Country Roos of Nor Cal
BU#10164 and Good Sam Lifer
Bounder 35E/Ford Triton V-10 (30 Valve Monster)
2007 Saturn Vue Redline
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Shower size

We looked at a 35E, but then I saw the 36Z with it's 53" wide shower. That even beat the shower size on the 35E. I've never seen a shower as wide since & I'm so spoiled by the room, we'll probably drive this Bounder into the ground just 'cuz I can't find anything else with as much room.

Ya gotta love the BounCers!

Lori-
Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #31

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
We looked at a 35E, but then I saw the 36Z with it's 53" wide shower. That even beat the shower size on the 35E. I've never seen a shower as wide since & I'm so spoiled by the room, we'll probably drive this Bounder into the ground just 'cuz I can't find anything else with as much room.

Ya gotta love the BounCers!

Lori-
Lori,

Remember the Ripley's record for how many students in a phone booth?

We can put a herd of Texas Longhorns in ours and you, all of the state of Texas.

Might exceed our GVWC?

Steve
Old 01-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #32
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
53" shower in a MH?

Y'all gonna have a square dance in there?

Old 01-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #33

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
53" shower in a MH?

Sounds like we got us a convoy, Dirk!

Steve
Old 01-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Shower size & TV placement

I've even written FW telling them how much we enjoy our "roomy" shower & asking them to bring that back in either a Bounder or another model (put it in a re-introduced Bounder diesel & they'll have my attention!).

I also suggested to them to take the TV out over the dash & hang a nice 32" LED/LCD on the 36Z interior bath wall (instead of the stupid mirror that attracts dust & fingerprints). I HATE craning my neck to view the TV from that uncomfortable, useless side chair. I have half a mind (no jokes from the peanut gallery) to give the heave-ho to the couch & put 2 nice swivel La-Z-Boy recliners in that slide.

Lori-
Old 01-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #35
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Shower size..cont'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
53" shower in a MH?

Let's just say there's room for more than 1.

Lori-
Old 01-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Let's just say there's room for more than 1.

Lori-
Lori

I just looked at my trusty Bounder brochure and true your 36z has a 54" length shower but the 35E has more room as it is a square shape and 2 can fit better. Ask me how I know

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 01-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #37

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
Lori

I just looked at my trusty Bounder brochure and true your 36z has a 54" length shower but the 35E has more room as it is a square shape and 2 can fit better. Ask me how I know
Cliff,

Doesn't prove anything when you and Buddy are taking a shower together!
As you well know, size isn't everything. Showers, that is!

Steve
Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #38

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bounders United and Bounders of America Clubs

Hey All,

It's time to let everyone know about the organizations that bring us together and provide us with Bounder fun, info, outings and a chance to meet people of all walks of life that have at least one thing in common.
Our Bounders!
You can go to http://www.bounder.net/ and see if you would like to join or just glean info from our great magazine called the Bounder Sounder:
http://www.bounder.net/Sounders/index.htm and click on a magazine and see all info on events in your area and what fun we have together.
You can also check out Bounders of America at http://www.bounder.org/
and check out the Beacon Magazine: http://www.bounder.org/beacon.htm

May your travels be full of fun and joy and maybe meet a few new friends around the bend,

Steve Bernard
2008 Bounder 35E/Ford
President of Gold Country Roos of Nor Cal
Bounder United Member #10164
Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Steve, do you know if the brouhaha between BOA and BU is still going on? I only ask because three years ago when I checked in to those organizations they each bad mouthed the other so I chose to remain a member of FMA club.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #40

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Jim,

Good question!
They are having a combined rally, in Iowa and, awhile ago, tried to combine the two groups into one. I would say that they have found that working together is best for all. I do believe there will be a combination of both into one organization in the future.
I love to go to the local outings and rallies and meet other Bounder members to learn from them and have fun with all.

Thanks for asking,

Steve
Old 02-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Steve, do you know if the brouhaha between BOA and BU is still going on? I only ask because three years ago when I checked in to those organizations they each bad mouthed the other so I chose to remain a member of FMA club.
Please join one or the other, you won't regret it. If your near the east coast check on BOA (Bounder.ORG) or west coast BU (Bounder.NET). Best bet is to check the local chapters and see which is close to where you normally travel. Both need new blood to survive and several former local chapters are no longer Bounder chapters and have gone with FMCA or Good Sam. We know of two that made the switch as many of their members are no longer Bounder owners but SOB's now.

We are BOA Dam Yankees and had quite a few members who were both BOA and BU. The real bad 'bad mouthing' was during a BU meeting about merging with BOA in Urbanna. Probably has happened lots of other times, but... Nobody but nobody was bad mouthing each other while we at the general functions and or around the CG at the National Rally in Urbanna in Sept 09'. It was the 'elected' folks that stuped to that level and some certain others during the merger meeting.

The vast majority of us Bounder folks are above that. We love being BOA members and joining other local chapter Rallies. Happy travels,

Bob
Old 02-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #42

Glen Cowgill

New here in the Bounders Forum and enjoying the posts, My Bounder is a new 36B DP 2009. I reside in warm sunny Florida, Southern Florida (Homestead) that is, I was really looking for inherent problems with Bounders when I discovered this site. I was trying to anticipate problems and trying to recognize and repair before they do become a problem but no matter the site I have visited I have not been able to find common problems which I find amazing compared to other brands. Just got rid of a HR 2008.

I am retired USAF and retired Automotive Technology Instructor from Miami-Dade County Public Schools. I have been RVing since 1972 and camping sine about 1948. I recently realized that I will be 70 this year and I have slowed down a bit but I will go as long as the good Lord allows.

Thanks for allowing me to participate in your forum.
Closed Thread

Tags
bounder