Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bounder living room slide missing part after factory worked on it.

We had to take our Bounder back to Decatur, In. for some warranty work to be done. The service writers at Fleetwood factory service center were great before the work was done but When we went to pick up our motorhome it was a different story. Once they give me my keys I went out to check the motorhome out to make sure all was well with it, since they told me they had to remove the living room slide to do the repairs. After looking at it I notice there was a lot of metal shavings in my carpet in the front of slide and a 1 1/2 hole that I could see daylight at the bottom when slide was in. After waiting 25 mins a smart a$$ tech comes out and looks at it and tells me the seal is cut to short that he will take sealer and fill it in I told him no he was not going to patch it half a$$ it was going to be right. He looked at me and said I'll fix it anyway I want to. I went back in told the lady behind the counter I want the service manager to come out and look at it few mins went by and here he comes two mins later and it was fixed. Now here's my question after getting home I notice there's a piece missing I think from the slide. If you pull back the small flap of carpet at each end of slide there's the end of the aluminum slide raiser this is the half moon piece that picks up the slide as it starts to lift up and comes in and runs all the way across the bottom of slide. I looked at mine and the rear of the slide has a end cap made out of white plastic but the front does not, I think they left it off to can someone tell me if they have one on both ends?
Thanks
Camping4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
Community Administrator

I'm quite sure mine has that piece you're referring to. I'll double check next time I'm at the MH. Why, may I ask did they have to remove your slide?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:53 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall
I'm quite sure mine has that piece you're referring to. I'll double check next time I'm at the MH. Why, may I ask did they have to remove your slide?
There was a loose spot on the outer wall right in front of slide. When they first looked at it in April they said the only way to get to it was to remove the slide. Then after getting to factory service center last week they said they would only pull out the front of the slide. When the smart a$$ tech came out to repair the hole and I asked about all the shavings in carpet he said he had to cut a few small spots because he was not going to pull even the front half out of the slide. Was told it would take 30 hours for repair tech said it took him 3.5 hours, so way did they keep my motorhome 5 day and I had to call them to see it was done. On warranty papers they gave me showed removing front slide at 24 hours and paint work at 6 hours they never even painted on little bolt.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping4fun

There was a loose spot on the outer wall right in front of slide. When they first looked at it in April they said the only way to get to it was to remove the slide. Then after getting to factory service center last week they said they would only pull out the front of the slide. When the smart a$$ tech came out to repair the hole and I asked about all the shavings in carpet he said he had to cut a few small spots because he was not going to pull even the front half out of the slide. Was told it would take 30 hours for repair tech said it took him 3.5 hours, so way did they keep my motorhome 5 day and I had to call them to see it was done. On warranty papers they gave me showed removing front slide at 24 hours and paint work at 6 hours they never even painted on little bolt.
What does " loose spot" mean !

Old 10-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping4fun View Post

BTW...take it to a dealer and see how long they keep it. May be closer to five weeks.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

What does " loose spot" mean !
There was a spot in the outer side wall about a 8 inch square that the outer panel did not get glue to the aluminum frame when built. If I knew it was not going to be fixed the way I was told I don't think I would of had it fixed.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim

BTW...take it to a dealer and see how long they keep it. May be closer to five weeks.
The service writer told us she would call when done but not to plan on it till Friday around noon but she would call us to let us know when ready so we got a hotel for the family at a cost of $139.98 plus all there taxes per day. When I call Friday around 1:00 to check on it since I had not heard they tell me it's been done since Tuesday. I paid for 4 extra days because of there lack of care for there customer.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping4fun

The service writer told us she would call when done but not to plan on it till Friday around noon but she would call us to let us know when ready so we got a hotel for the family at a cost of $139.98 plus all there taxes per day. When I call Friday around 1:00 to check on it since I had not heard they tell me it's been done since Tuesday. I paid for 4 extra days because of there lack of care for there customer.
I had a much better experience at the factory. The major reason may have been that I do not leave the rig.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

I had a much better experience at the factory. The major reason may have been that I do not leave the rig.
They told me I could not stay with it that I needed to get hotel.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 AM   #10
Community Administrator

Quote:
They told me I could not stay with it that I needed to get hotel.
That makes sense because your slide was out , however did they tell say you couldn't stay with the MH during the day? I did.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

That makes sense because your slide was out , however did they tell say you couldn't stay with the MH during the day? I did.
They told me that the one shop that no one is aloud to go in or stay in is the body shop ever he would let me go in just to show the people what was going on with motorhome.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #12
Community Administrator

Quote:
They told me that the one shop that no one is aloud to go in or stay in is the body shop ever he would let me go in just to show the people what was going on with motorhome.
That makes sense. I would still have been there everyday for a progress report, to let them know I was involved in the process.This procedure has always worked for me. They always put a big W ( waiter ) on my work order. They usually want to get me out of their hair ASAP.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Quote:
Does this look like the plastic piece you're referring to

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2196180172.png
Views:	128
Size:	596.7 KB
ID:	14601

Old 10-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #14
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
Does this look like the plastic piece you're referring to

Attachment 14601
This photo is the front of the slide , the same piece is in the rear by the Norcold.

Tags
bounder, slide