Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
Question for you Sarah. I have the 35K Bounder. One of our keys is a round "barrel" key like used on vending machines. Does your coach have one, and if so, do you know what it goes to?
Hey Cliff. How are you liking the new coach? Sorry, but I checked both our key rings and we don't have anything like that. I asked my hubby and he said we didn't get a key of that type. We did get a huge wad of keys, though. I remember the first day we spent a few hours trying to fit keys into different compartments, etc. Does the key have a number on it?

(Did you get the "vending machine" option??? )
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
... during a very hard blowing rain, some water leaked under the dash so there might be some caulking or other sealant required there.
As a followup to this "issue" that we had, it turns out that there was no leak at all. Instead, one of the chassis A/C hoses was sweating condensation that was dripping onto the doghouse carpet at the middle of the dash.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:01 AM   #45
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost
Question for you Sarah. I have the 35K Bounder. One of our keys is a round "barrel" key like used on vending machines. Does your coach have one, and if so, do you know what it goes to?
I have seen some locks for the outside engine hood that look like that. Oh , sorry I'm not Sarah. Just another Cliff.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #46
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW

LOL!! Well, I have to admit that the pedestal sink hasn't been a problem for us at all. If I had a big counter top, I'd still have to stow everything away for travel!!
Quitter !!! I see the rest of us will have to continue complaining without you. LOL.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:31 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad all went well for you. We sure enjoyed our Bounder. Many,many happy miles with the rig. Hope all your future trips go as well. Get those issues worked out but remember to have pad and pen ready as there will always be more. That's what keeps these things such a labor of love. See you down the road, be safe and Happy Motoring!!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sarah, thanks for the reply. We love the floorplan and the space (upgraded from a 31' class C). If I were king for a day there would have been a fold-up counter extension, better documentation on the entertainment set-up (discussed later), and an external 110 outlet for lights, etc on the passenger side. We may have the vending machine option as we were told that we would find the barrel key lock eventually. No numbers on it, but I am calling Fleetwood today and hopefully someone there can clue me in.

The entertainment system setup was most disappointing. Our last coach had a switching system, whereby it was fairly easy to figure out what you are doing. After an email from Fleetwood, I now know that the DVD player in the front area only works with the two TVs in the front of the coach. If you hook up a sat receiver in the front using the HDMI plugs (as intended according to the schematic I was sent) you will only see it in the front of the coach, not the bedroom or exterior TV. To watch DVDs in the rear of the coach, you have to add your own player.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the reply Other Cliff. The hood locks are the standard cabinet style locks. I am beginning to believe it was included so the dealership folks could get some chuckles watching the dummy play find the lock.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #50
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost
Thanks for the reply Other Cliff. The hood locks are the standard cabinet style locks. I am beginning to believe it was included so the dealership folks could get some chuckles watching the dummy play find the lock.
I just went over to the service bays here at LD to verify and you are correct. FW still uses the std. key although many other mfg. are using the vending machine type key. Keep looking and let us know.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Sarah, thanks for the reply. We love the floorplan and the space (upgraded from a 31' class C). If I were king for a day there would have been a fold-up counter extension, better documentation on the entertainment set-up (discussed later), and an external 110 outlet for lights, etc on the passenger side. We may have the vending machine option as we were told that we would find the barrel key lock eventually. No numbers on it, but I am calling Fleetwood today and hopefully someone there can clue me in.

The entertainment system setup was most disappointing. Our last coach had a switching system, whereby it was fairly easy to figure out what you are doing. After an email from Fleetwood, I now know that the DVD player in the front area only works with the two TVs in the front of the coach. If you hook up a sat receiver in the front using the HDMI plugs (as intended according to the schematic I was sent) you will only see it in the front of the coach, not the bedroom or exterior TV. To watch DVDs in the rear of the coach, you have to add your own player.
I totally agree with you about the fold-up countertop extension. In fact, I spent most of last weekend trying to figure out a place to add one...haha. We (or I should say "he", lol) spent a lot of time trying to figure out the entertainment system, too. I always seem to forget that I need to switch between "cable" and "antenna" .

I guess adding a blue ray player to the bedroom compartment wouldn't be a biggie to me, but we really don't watch a lot of TV so we probably won't. In fact, I wanted the exterior entertainment stuff REMOVED, but they wouldn't give us anything off the cost for doing so, so it stayed. We are not the type to sit outside and watch television, so that is a total waste for us. (My hubby likes showing it to people, though...haha.)

Did you get the fireplace, Cliff? If so, please pay attention to the bathroom wall behind the fireplace. Ours tends to get VERY warm if that heater is on for very long. I have another thread on this topic in the "RV Systems" section. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/elect...on-111766.html

You mean there's no external outlet??? Dang, I hadn't noticed that. I hope you enjoy your new coach as much as we love ours. It's our first RV of any kind, so we are starry-eyed goobers.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
The biggest "key mystery" we had was the side door on the back end of the large slide (that allows you to slide in long stuff). My hubby spent a couple of days wandering around with that key till he finally found it. I don't know why they keyed that lock differently than the other bays, but they did.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Quitter !!! I see the rest of us will have to continue complaining without you. LOL.
My sister was actually quite jealous of my "real sink" so I have begun to view it in a different light. (Besides, I hardly wear makeup when we're traveling; I just go "au naturelle" and terrify the other campers. )
Old 01-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Glad all went well for you. We sure enjoyed our Bounder. Many,many happy miles with the rig. Hope all your future trips go as well. Get those issues worked out but remember to have pad and pen ready as there will always be more. That's what keeps these things such a labor of love. See you down the road, be safe and Happy Motoring!!!!
Thanks very much! We are definitely on a steep learning curve (and thanks to IRV2, we are getting lots of help.) I am most interested in learning about the electrical systems on the Bounder as all that stuff is a huge mystery to me. For instance, I know that we have an INverter and no CONverter...but I still have no idea what the heck that means.

My hubby will be 60 in 3 years and he's going to retire. Hopefully we will be "old hands" at RVing by then and maybe trade up to a DP or something crazy!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #55

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sarah, we do have the fireplace and your thread alerted me to the issue. We are watching it. I guess if I get concerned enough about it I would cut a hole in the wall at that point and install something like a computer fan in it that would come on whenever the heat was turned on. That or just drill some holes to vent the area behind the fireplace.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I am most interested in learning about the electrical systems on the Bounder as all that stuff is a huge mystery to me. For instance, I know that we have an INverter and no CONverter...but I still have no idea what the heck that means.
After talking to Fleetwood CS today I find that apparently we have both an inverter and a converter, though I still haven't a clue what either of them does.

Tags
bounder