RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bounder vs Expedition

What is the difference between a Fleetwood Bounder 38V and Expedition 38V, am I missing something reading the specs
bldhnd617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldhnd617 View Post
What is the difference between a Fleetwood Bounder 38V and Expedition 38V, am I missing something reading the specs
Good question that one of our members can answer
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #3

If you're talking about the older coaches, the Bounder was the entry level diesel pusher in the Fleetwood lineup. The Expedition was a step up and in many cases seen as a twin to the Discovery.. They shared the same frame, front and end caps, and basic layout, but in general the appliances were of higher quallity, some of the decor was "supposedly better quality. There were more upgrade options for the Expedition. The MSRP for the same year, model, etc was ~$20000 more for the Expedition.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #4

I should have added, the original owner of our coach paid $176000 for it . A comparable Bounder of the same year and model carried an MSRP of $159,000.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Cat

In 2007-2008 the Bounder Diesel and Expedition were exactly the same coach, but I think in 2009 the Bounder Diesel went on a lighter chassis and a Allison 2500 transmission. so it appears it may depend on the years you are talking about.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #6

Cat,

I think what you said is true. As i understand it, the original Expeditions were supposed to provide a slightly less expensive alternative to the Discoverys. The Bunders back then were the entry level diesels in the line up. Of course, today there is a huge difference in the brands as the Expeditions and the new Bounder diesels.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Agreed on identical - at least for my '08 Bounder and the '08 Expedition. Identical Chassis Spec.
Both have FL XC
Cummins ISBXT 6.7L
750 ft-lb @2400
170 amp Leece Neville Alternators
Allison 3000 6 speed electronic shift
325 HP
Weights and Capacities are identical as well.

Fit and Finish - The brochures show different paint schemes and fabric choices with no discernible difference in quality (looks identical).

The '09 was the departure - as stated above - Bounder chassis changed and tranny moved to 2500.

Come forward to today - and the Bounder Diesel is a 240 HP FRED (not that there's anything wrong with that), there are 2 Floor Plans (not 6). Max length has dropped from 38'4" to 37'7".

I want to be clear so not to be misunderstood. There is nothing wrong with the new Bounder Classic Diesel whatsoever. It is a great coach - great value for the money as Bounders have always been.

However - now the Excursion has been introduced between the Bounder and the Expedition - and it too is a FRED but at 300 HP. All I'm saying is that to get near the '08 the 325 Turbo DP Bounder today from a chassis perspective you get upscaled to the Expedition. You pick up some nice features and a lot more coach along the way. Just saying that between 2008 and 2013 - the Bounder and the Expedition have seen a lot changes. For me at least - and I am surely biased - the Bounder peaked in '08.
YMMV and just - as always - IMHO.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbatonrg View Post
If you're talking about the older coaches, the Bounder was the entry level diesel pusher in the Fleetwood lineup. The Expedition was a step up and in many cases seen as a twin to the Discovery.. They shared the same frame, front and end caps, and basic layout, but in general the appliances were of higher quallity, some of the decor was "supposedly better quality. There were more upgrade options for the Expedition. The MSRP for the same year, model, etc was ~$20000 more for the Expedition.
Hi, Guys! I just googled, "Differences between Fleetwood Bounder & Fleetwood Expedition" & this post of your popped right up!

What I'm REALLY looking for, is the price of our 2007 Fleetwood Expedition 38V (just bought!), when new. Basically, just curious; I have looked EVERYWHERE (TRIED to call + email Fleetwood, too!), to no avail...

ANY ideas on how/where/if I can find this? THANKS MUCH! Erinn
RVers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:17 PM   #9
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVers4life View Post
Hi, Guys! I just googled, "Differences between Fleetwood Bounder & Fleetwood Expedition" & this post of your popped right up!

What I'm REALLY looking for, is the price of our 2007 Fleetwood Expedition 38V (just bought!), when new. Basically, just curious; I have looked EVERYWHERE (TRIED to call + email Fleetwood, too!), to no avail...

ANY ideas on how/where/if I can find this? THANKS MUCH! Erinn
Could be purchased for 125000 but they msrp 160000-180000. I bought one.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder