Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bounder windshield problem

Good day to all . I am not very familiar with the HOW TO , but here goes,

Our 2011 bounders dash board reflects-intensifies all road noise coming thru the frame of the chassis . So bad is this that the bulkhead bolts /screws pop out the longer you drive on American Hwys. The problem is the EXPANSION joints ... when driving back to IN for repairs (invited by Fleetwood) it just got worse and worse. Then the drivers front windshield broke at the top center shaded area... no rocks, it just popped... nothing abnormal has been done to this coach.

Had it put back together ( they say) repeated attempts have failed. Is this normal - did I miss a college class or something here???? I even took a few videos of this - of course all unplanned but it does show the rattling...We are at the WITS END of this and need to make some intelligent decisions rather soon.
drad8491@gmail.com
Help help ------- emails are very much appreciated.

Dennis
dceramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #2

Boy it sounds like you need to get a new motorhome and take this thing back. You are the victim of faulty manufacturing.

I say your better off to trade it in before it jumps off it's frame and cause you a serious accident. The factory that serviced your rig needs to take time, go through and completely tighten everything down, u joints, frame and all. I would have it towed back, doesn't sound safe to drive.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Back in 2000 had a FLAIR. The wipers quit in the middle of a snow storm. The wiper motor gyrated but the blades stood still. Cause: the wiper motor was held in place with sheet metal screws fastened into wood.
If the generator was run immediately after parking, the CO alarm went off within a half hour. Cause: reverse convection air flow from the hot engine pulled exhaust gases under the chassis from the centrally located generator, and it leaked into the RV interior.
The rear end was very noisy at all speeds.
My wife initiated a trade-in for a WINNEBAGO SIGHTSEER. After 120,000 miles all is still well and We have never been stranded.
garyspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

I'm very diss appointed that Fleetwood made such a crappy motorhome. I've always known Fleetwood for having the best RV's on the market. The Bounder has always been Fleetwood's top of the line rig. But like any automobile, every manufacturer also has a bottom of the line product too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspang View Post
Back in 2000 had a FLAIR. The wipers quit in the middle of a snow storm. The wiper motor gyrated but the blades stood still. Cause: the wiper motor was held in place with sheet metal screws fastened into wood.
If the generator was run immediately after parking, the CO alarm went off within a half hour. Cause: reverse convection air flow from the hot engine pulled exhaust gases under the chassis from the centrally located generator, and it leaked into the RV interior.
The rear end was very noisy at all speeds.
My wife initiated a trade-in for a WINNEBAGO SIGHTSEER. After 120,000 miles all is still well and We have never been stranded.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder