Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2019, 05:53 PM   #1

Bounder Year 3

Our 2016 Bounder 33C is into its 4th year, and I thought it might be useful to provide updated feedback.

1. Mileage is approaching 20K. MPG is still at 7.0. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower.
2. Oil changes every 5-10K with Mobile 1. No oil loss between changes.
3. Suspension is about as good as one can get with an F53. After fixing the rear sway and adding a bunch of Roadmaster gear, it is fairly well behaved in all but a very strong cross wind. Might have something to do with its shape.
4. Fleetwood Warranty work consisted of front shade replacement, LED light replacement and Vacuuflush access panel repair (Stripped Screws).
5. Extended Warranty repair was replacement of Rear AC/Heat Pump.
6. Add ones include:
CB Radio
TPMS
Scanguage II
Garmin 760RV GPS
Cup Holders
Manga Shade
Ubiquity Network System
Residential Fridge Latches
Washer Dryer Combo
Fire Stick TV
WEBoost for WiFi Hotspot
Amazon Echo Show 5
IR Extenders for cabinet mounted AV gear
Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer along with Front Rear sway bars.
RV SnapPads for levelers.
Lots of Dynamat to reduce noises
Water Pump Accumulator
Storage Ottomans to use with Couch and Captains Chairs
Windows Awnings
Blue ray player for bedroom
Marriott Pillow Topper for bed
Water Softener
Dash Camera
ViAir 450 RV compressor

We drive the heck out of this thing, mainly to visit family and friends. We go for up to 7 weeks at a time. It is so nice having our home away from home with us. It is far from perfect, but just about has all the bugs worked out.
Elwood58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2019, 08:21 PM   #2

What is a water pump accumulator and also where did you put dynamat?
I have a 2018 south wind 36p
Foodmanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmanim View Post
What is a water pump accumulator and also where did you put dynamat?
I have a 2018 south wind 36p
Accumulator is a small tank with air bladder. Keeps pressure side charged up to reduce pulsing, and also will not cycle Pump for small demands.

Dynamat in vacuflush enclosure, behind/under cabinets in bedroom above generator. Also added to inside of doghouse cover.
Elwood58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #4

Pretty much same experience and upgrades here. I have a '16 35K and just crossed 20k miles. I use the Mobil 1 Annual. I keep a spreadsheet of gas mileage and update it every time I fill up. Also track gen usage and subtract about .5 gals per hour of usage so pretty confident of my MPG numbers. I also tow a Ford Focus. I get 6.1 MPG. Been cross country a few times. Includes all sorts flat terrain and very mountainous including 30 MPH head winds (this seems to be the biggest negative to MPG). This also agrees with my Torque Pro monitor numbers.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:41 PM   #5

Thank you for this post, it was just what I was looking for. I am looking at buying a 2016 Bounder33C. Was the handling poor and did you have to do many mods to correct it?
buffalojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:57 PM   #6

Following. There may be a Bouncer in our future
ajsfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:04 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What engine?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:17 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalojeep View Post
Thank you for this post, it was just what I was looking for. I am looking at buying a 2016 Bounder33C. Was the handling poor and did you have to do many mods to correct it?
We had the owner at steersafe.com install his product on our 2016 35K and it made a big difference in the handling. He even installed it for free if you go to his shop.
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder