Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #29

I am an old guy with an old Bounder. What is a vacuflush toilet? Something to do with a pump, etc. How does it work? I have looked at the Bounder models you have, but did not pay any attention to the toilet....thiniking it was like mine, which works great. Thanks
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W

That's a 2015 Millenium, and can be yours for 2.3 milliondde33

Probably comes with a heated toilet seat!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
I could not ID it on my iPhone - so - it just looked big... Bidet sold separately...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
I am an old guy with an old Bounder. What is a vacuflush toilet? Something to do with a pump, etc. How does it work? I have looked at the Bounder models you have, but did not pay any attention to the toilet....thiniking it was like mine, which works great. Thanks

If you have ever been on a cruise ship it's the same type of system. The system creates a vacuum and sucks stuff to the black tank.

Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
If you have ever been on a cruise ship it's the same type of system. The system creates a vacuum and sucks stuff to the black tank.

Brian, thanks, but I have never been on a ship, cruise or Navy...always flew when I went anywhere....had a chance to ride to Japan on a Navy ship some years ago but decided to fly instead.... I get the idea of the Vacufllush, but not sure I would like it...ha ha
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
MSRP on the Discovery is $292k - make best deal and then pull the L sofa out - you have the know how!
Piece of cake!!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
If you're gonna move up, then go all the way. I hear this one has really nice toilets.

Attachment 65231

I can't afford the butler that goes with that one.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
Brian, thanks, but I have never been on a ship, cruise or Navy...always flew when I went anywhere....had a chance to ride to Japan on a Navy ship some years ago but decided to fly instead.... I get the idea of the Vacufllush, but not sure I would like it...ha ha
George--many of the manufacturers are using vacuum or macerator toilets now. Since the Bounder was our first RV, we were too ignorant to know the difference. The VacuFlush has been trouble-free so far, but I like to fret and worry in advance, "just in case."
Old 06-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW

George--many of the manufacturers are using vacuum or macerator toilets now. Since the Bounder was our first RV, we were too ignorant to know the difference. The VacuFlush has been trouble-free so far, but I like to fret and worry in advance, "just in case."
I feel the same way about our Tecma macerator - but so far so good - and the 1/2 bath is gravity / over the tank. That's been helpful when I know the tank is getting full. We just use the gravity tank - it uses less water....
Old 06-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckftboy View Post
Sarah, sorry it took so long to answer your question but I just got back on line. I have not replaced any parts at all as of yet. I think these systems are very reliable, they are used on many boats here in Florida and I have not yet heard of any complaints from the boating community. Not as simple as tank below the bowl but this setup allows us to have 1 single black tank and 1 dump valve unlike the Palazzo with 2 black tanks to dump,
On the plus side, there is no chemicals needed because odors are sealed away on the other side of the vacuum pump. Might be part of the reason parts last a little longer.
I have watched a few of the Utube videos on reparing the toilet seals and vacuum pump parts and when the time comes I think its a simple repair.
Thanks again, Chuck. I understand why the VacuFlush setup is good for two toilets sharing a single black tank, but our Bounder has only one toilet. Seems like a gravity-type would make more sense, but what do I know?

Thanks for the reminder about Youtube videos. I'll make a point of looking for those.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:40 AM   #38

Quote:
Our Bounder is a DP but they aren't doing that anymore
Sure they are! It's called an Excursion.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You don't use any chemical with your vacu-flush? I understand the black tank is on the other side of the pump but still…….. I still use chemical as the one time I didn't, dumping my tanks was nit pleasant to say the least! Smelled up everything, inside and out. I would think you still want chemical to help break things down.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar
Sure they are! It's called an Excursion.
I'll agree my '08 Bounder is essentially an '08 Excursion but '08 Excursion owners might disagree. When the Bounder went front engine diesel it was a strange call to me. And the new Excursion and Bounders are not nearly as similar as the '08's. There is a considerable difference to me that seems to have been profit driven. Make the buyer "move up" a model to get the DP... The Bounder peaked with '08 / '09 models and that's my 2¢ on that. YMMV and it's JMHO....
Old 06-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I'll agree my '08 Bounder is essentially an '08 Excursion but '08 Excursion owners might disagree. When the Bounder went front engine diesel it was a strange call to me. And the new Excursion and Bounders are not nearly as similar as the '08's. There is a considerable difference to me that seems to have been profit driven. Make the buyer "move up" a model to get the DP... The Bounder peaked with '08 / '09 models and that's my 2¢ on that. YMMV and it's JMHO....
Just a small point here... it was the Bounder CLASSIC that had the FRED, not the regular Bounder. The Bounder Classic is not of the same trim/finish level, which made it weirder to me that it would be offered with a diesel and the better-appointed Bounder was not.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:45 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW
Just a small point here... it was the Bounder CLASSIC that had the FRED, not the regular Bounder. The Bounder Classic is not of the same trim/finish level, which made it weirder to me that it would be offered with a diesel and the better-appointed Bounder was not.
Good point Sarah - and I did not mean to diminish the other newer Bounders - but to further sharpen the point - what exactly was or is Classic about the "Classic" / FRED and why eliminate the DP in the First place. And it was said that the features / fit and finish of the 38F Excursion were "better" than those of the 38F Bounder for instance - but the distinction was lost on me.

Not sure if you definitively determined that the altitude extend the cycle time on your toilet or not - let us know if you find it is completely back to normal at "below sea level"!

Tags
bounder, seal