Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #1

Cannot find where to plug code reader at - At my wits end.

My check engine light came on a week or so ago, so I order a code reader. Easy, tried it on my truck works great. I have basically torn apart my dash on my 2006 Fleet Wood workhorse looking for where this thing plugs in.

I can find anything.

I search threads here and found couple of places people mentioned but have come up empty.

Open to any suggestions on where to look.

Thanks

Going to try to call an rv shop on monday and bring it to them but it would be great if I could save some money.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
My check engine light came on a week or so ago, so I order a code reader. Easy, tried it on my truck works great. I have basically torn apart my dash on my 2006 Fleet Wood workhorse looking for where this thing plugs in.

I can find anything.

I search threads here and found couple of places people mentioned but have come up empty.

Open to any suggestions on where to look.

Thanks

Going to try to call an rv shop on monday and bring it to them but it would be great if I could save some money.
The obd port is directly in front of your left knee when seated in the drivers seat. Small female trapezoid shaped plug, may have a cover on it. Between the steering column and the parking brake release pull handle.

Since this is a chassis feature, I suggest you visit the workhorse chassis forum next time.
Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
The obd port is directly in front of your left knee when seated in the drivers seat. Small female trapezoid shaped plug, may have a cover on it. Between the steering column and the parking brake release pull handle.

Since this is a chassis feature, I suggest you visit the workhorse chassis forum next time.
Ed

Ed.

I have to be honest, I read your response and thought to myself "who does this guy think he is, I have looked for over an hour at this looking for this plug in the exact location he is talking about" But I went back out trotted to the RV in the cold, looked exactly where you said, and BAM !!!!! In front of my eyes was something that I looked at about 20 times today and didn't think to move the dust cover.

My code came back PO134 P 02/02. Going to look it up now.

If you make it to Texas I owe you a Steak Dinner my friend.

Thanks again Buddy !
Old 12-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I have to be honest, I read your response and thought to myself "who does this guy think he is, I have looked for over an hour at this looking for this plug in the exact location he is talking about" But I went back out trotted to the RV in the cold, looked exactly where you said, and BAM !!!!! In front of my eyes was something that I looked at about 20 times today and didn't think to move the dust cover.
I know we ALL understand that feeling. Glad you found it!!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Ed.

My code came back PO134 P 02/02. Going to look it up now.

If you make it to Texas I owe you a Steak Dinner my friend.

Thanks again Buddy !
If I tell you where the cig lighter is, can I get a free steak dinner too?
Boatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatnik View Post
If I tell you where the cig lighter is, can I get a free steak dinner too?
Why sure, just need to show me the cig lighter that spits out $100 bills
Old 12-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Ed. Thanks again Buddy !
You're most welcome. Glad you found it. Good luck with codes. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote