Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Changing out a fog light

Hello , I am new to motorhome ownership having just bought a 2004 Southwind . Could use advice on changing out a fog light I just found not working ..any one have experience with this? ..It is a small round fixture in the lower part of the front grill .Looks like the housing behind the unit is fibreglass and the fixture may twist or pull out from the front ( but I am scared to do this without advice)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Clean and check ground wires on both lights. Had same issue and struggled to replace one side with a new light and still had nothing. Cleaned grounds and the old light was good. Good luck.
Hammer Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #3

fog lights

Dipdip,

Did you ever find out how to change the fog lights on your Southwind? I did not see any other replies in the forum. Mine is bad also and I am not sure how it removes from the fiberglass housing.

Thank You!
back2back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
No..I did not get a solution , no other replies ..On my unit , it appears that the cable enters through the rear of the housing and is taped around the wiring carefully just as it enters the housing ..I suspect that one needs to remove the talp , then look at the fitting , again from behind the light housing ..perhaps it has a bayonet or lug system that only requires turning the wiring from behind , and perhaps loosening the fog bulb from the front ...ideas?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #5

Fog Lights

Dipdip,

Thank you so much for the quick response. I am trading in my Southwind and sometime during the summer water got into the drivers side fog light and I don't know how to replace it. I was just trying to check everything before I took it in. It is not a big issue but I just wanted to replace it.

Thanks again for you quick response.

Respectfully,
back2back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Not sure I provided a solution ...Please let me know , though , if it worked out ..I am chicken to do it with out some advice.. ..I can tell you who ever owned my unit before kept all paper work and so I do have the GE bulb number from the owner's manual ..This is our first Motorhome ..still trying to learn everything , spending $$$ getting towbars , toad brakes etc ..scary to drive it ..but I will get over it