Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #1

Circuit Breakers/Fuses Help

I have a 1993 Fleetwood Pace arrow diesel Pusher. I messed up and powered my Rv o show power with 220 volts I know I know: banghead: Stupid.
I figured my mistake right away and changed it to 120. volts. One A/C unit worked and everything else was out. It took me awhile to figure out where the circuit Breakers were. (Mine at the end of the bed down by the floor.)
Only one was tripped but i reset all of them. Now i have both A/C units working and both of my ground fault circuits. But NO lights or appliances. HELP!! what am i missing?
R2V2 Beep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 10:23 AM   #2

The lights will be 12v and appliances like the fridge and furnace , require 12v power to operate, you may have tripped or burnt out, circuit breakers or fuses, on the the converter/charger or fuses in line from the batteries to the 12v distribution panel.
If you have power at the batteries, then you'll have to trace the wiring to the distribution panel .( 12v fuses) And find the C/C and test it's out put.

If you are able to control the Air conditioners from the thermostat, you must have partial 12v somehow, because the t/stat has a 12v component too.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

where is the converter /charger and the 12 distribution panel?

No my t Stat is just for heat
Old 07-26-2015, 11:10 AM   #4

Either a fuse for the convertor is blown or the convertor is blown...most likely you will need a new convertor. Yes, I did it too - and I am an electrician

Oh, yeah - mine took out the microwave, too.

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #5

well this site and skip pointed me in the right direction. i was thinking it was 120 volts. i found my converter and i blowed a capacitor off of it. Hopefully that will be all. when does the fun start again?
Old 07-26-2015, 01:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2V2 Beep View Post
when does the fun start again?
When you start shopping for that new microwave...

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #7

We had a similar problem with our previous travel trailer. The lights in the slide stopped working after we stopped for the night and extended the slide. They were the 110v lights. Checked bulbs, switches, no power, circuit breakers, all good, fuses (even though I know they are for 12v) no joy. Went underneath the slide to start disassembling the junction box where the hard wire joins the "slinky" coiled wire for the extension, wife yells, I found it! Turned our for some the reason the GFI in the bathroom outlet. . . . , 6 feet further back on the trailer . . . , on the other side of the trailer . . . . had tripped and, you guessed it, that was where the slide got it's 110v power! Ridiculous yes, but that's the way the manufacturer wired it.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:16 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First.. now is a very bad time to consider buying a Progressive Industries HW-50C.. But it is the best time remaining.

(The best time to consider it was BEFORE you plugged into 220.. WHY,, Well that follows).

I agree the converter was likely converted to junk and you need another progressive product. But this time it is Progressive Dynamics Incorporated and it's a 9200 likely a 9280.

Now why the HW-50C.. Poster just posted he was having electrical problems, Plugged into 30 amp outlet in buddy's garage and nothing worked save the battery operated (12 volt) stuff.

Then next AM he posted a follow up.. He checked his surge protector and it said he'd plugged into a 220 volt outlet, so it had not connected the RV to the wrong voltage. and as a result all he had to do was find a 120 volt outlet and plug in.. No damage.

We hear a lot about folks who do not have 'em, hardly ever from those who had their bacon saved by them.. but still Some will put up with the embarassment.. SO FAR.. I've not done that.. though in one spot I parked that might have been luck rather than skill. (I simply did not see the 240 volt outlet so naturally I could not connect to it).
Old 07-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #9

I don't know if a 93 is anything like our 2001 but there is the main battery control center under the hood. Inside there are two circuit breakers there that are resettable. There is a very small black button on each one that can be pushed in and will reset. I had my jacks/slide/step go out on ours. I did everything I could think of before coming online to IRV2. There someone told me about those circuit breakers. Thank God. Anyway, if you have these, give it a try.

Ray
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse