Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
That's a good point, Sarah. We've got the same wall-away loveseat in our S&B & you need to set these a minimum of 5" away from a wall. The Excursion's couch is smack up against that curb-side wall. If you want to get a feel for the space a wall-away would take up, move your couch out 5 inches then put up the footrest to see if you've got enough clearance before you run into the booth. If it's just the 2 of you, it'd be no big deal blocking some of the pathway, but hitting the booth with a recliner footrest wouldn't be good.

HA! Sarah was posting her new dinette table photo when I was crafting my last reply mentioning it.

Lori-
That's right, Lori. There are LOTS of measurements that need to be considered. Another is that the La-z-boy is taller than the sofa we removed, so the lambriquins (window trim things) had to be shortened for the reclining to work, too.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2015, 09:24 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
that's the problem... nothing I find that fits , coordinates
As Lori said, La-z-boy has literally THOUSANDS of fabrics, colors, and patterns. You pick the fabric; they build the sofa. Ours took 4 weeks from order date to delivery.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:28 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
It doesn't need to match, just coordinate. Matching is SO blase....mix-n-match is the way to go.

As you can see by Sarah's LZB, it isn't the same fabric at all as the dinette & it looks wonderful. And, as I'm sure she'll tell you, the LZB is WAY more comfortable. Since then she changed out the dinette table & it looks even better.

In some other thread (maybe Sarah's sofa replacement saga?) another member changed their couch with a gorgeous deep purple colored one & I remember another member's was dk brown. Both look fantastic.

I say, get what's comfortable for you & in a color you like that'll look nice with your decor.

Lori-
Here are those pics; they belong to BajanBounder...

And THanks8990... This is the same color/fabric as our sofa, but it still looks great with different color in the dinette.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
The inside of your coach is so neutral, you could put almost any color in there and it would look fine. What does your wife think?

Make sure you choose furniture that you can get through the door, and figure out how you will get the existing one out. Our old sofa was the L-shaped "extend-a-lounge" and it was hell getting it out of the Bounder.
did you see the fr3n I did??? 30'' doors aren't 30'' opening
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
did you see the fr3n I did??? 30'' doors aren't 30'' opening
Yeah, we learned that the hard way.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:34 PM   #34

Quote:

looks comfy. our sofa is horrible...we just go lay in bed to watch tv...
Old 04-06-2015, 09:45 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
looks comfy. our sofa is horrible...we just go lay in bed to watch tv...
I have said this MANY times... that La-z-boy was the best money we have spent on the RV. The Flexsteel extend-a-lounge was so uncomfortable I just hated it. I like the higher back of the recliner that supports my head, too.

We did lose the fold-out bed, but it is just the two of us so no biggie. We have the old stuff so we can put it back in there if we decide to trade.

I hope you find something that will work for you. LOTS of people have made this mod to their RV, with either a new sofa or the two recliners like Dave.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #36

Quote:
I have said this MANY times... that La-z-boy was the best money we have spent on the RV. The Flexsteel extend-a-lounge was so uncomfortable I just hated it. I like the higher back of the recliner that supports my head, too.

We did lose the fold-out bed, but it is just the two of us so no biggie. We have the old stuff so we can put it back in there if we decide to trade.

I hope you find something that will work for you. LOTS of people have made this mod to their RV, with either a new sofa or the two recliners like Dave.
when I did it on the last one , it was on the slide that stayed 3'' up
that was the only thing I didn't like...

our excursion also has the fold out air bed.... usless to us...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	love seat 013.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	90770   Click image for larger version

Name:	love seat 019.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	90771  

Old 04-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

My sister and BIL have the raised-floor slide in their Itasca and they also replaced their sofa with a La-z-boy. Like you, they do not like their feet "dangling" because of the additional height of the slide floor. I think they have gotten used to it, but they didn't consider that when changing it out.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #38

Quote:
My sister and BIL have the raised-floor slide in their Itasca and they also replaced their sofa with a La-z-boy. Like you, they do not like their feet "dangling" because of the additional height of the slide floor. I think they have gotten used to it, but they didn't consider that when changing it out.
after I did it I found sofa's with 3'' legs,,...

felt like a barber chair to me
Old 04-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #39

Full agreement with Sara, best money spent. We finally swapped out ours a month ago. Keep forgetting to post pics, but they will come next week as the coach is in the shop this week. Lazy dog makes a great product, so comfy. Our only problem is, I had to get someone to do the install due to a bad back
Fella who did the install wasn't paying attention to how close he placed the sofa. First thing I did was flop down and lean back.... screeching halt..with some stretching feet first manage to get fully reclined. It will be fixed shortly. Heck I can snooze sitting up, so its ok for the moment.
olddog49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #40

got the sofa pulled out...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sofa 004.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	90830   Click image for larger version

Name:	sofa 006.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	90831  

Name:	sofa 007.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	90832   Click image for larger version

Name:	sofa 011.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	90833  

Old 04-07-2015, 05:00 PM   #41

and the new put in... took a couple hrs...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sofa 012.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	90834   Click image for larger version

Name:	sofa 013.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	90835  

Name:	sofa 014.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	90836   Click image for larger version

Name:	sofa 015.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	90837  

Name:	sofa 016.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	90838  
Old 04-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

And THanks8990... This is the same color/fabric as our sofa, but it still looks great with different color in the dinette.

That looks nice, like a family room at home, not an RV. That's a good thing!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a