Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Just an observation, but from your pics it seems that there might not be enough space between your sofa and dinette for reclining without blocking the walkway. Be sure to take careful measurements of the furniture fully reclined to see how much space is needed.

Also, even the wall-away type need to be 5-6" or so away from the wall, so take that into consideration as well.
I went to 10 furniture stores today.

I measured everyone they had...

I can't figure out a color or fabric..

the sofa in there is a hide a bed. and the foot rests raise
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
It doesn't need to match, just coordinate. Matching is SO blase....mix-n-match is the way to go.

As you can see by Sarah's LZB, it isn't the same fabric at all as the dinette & it looks wonderful. And, as I'm sure she'll tell you, the LZB is WAY more comfortable. Since then she changed out the dinette table & it looks even better.

In some other thread (maybe Sarah's sofa replacement saga?) another member changed their couch with a gorgeous deep purple colored one & I remember another member's was dk brown. Both look fantastic.

I say, get what's comfortable for you & in a color you like that'll look nice with your decor.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:10 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
See, if you bought an old RV you could have 2 recliners!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1428372564682.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	90766  
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:19 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
...Also, even the wall-away type need to be 5-6" or so away from the wall, so take that into consideration as well.
That's a good point, Sarah. We've got the same wall-away loveseat in our S&B & you need to set these a minimum of 5" away from a wall. The Excursion's couch is smack up against that curb-side wall. If you want to get a feel for the space a wall-away would take up, move your couch out 5 inches then put up the footrest to see if you've got enough clearance before you run into the booth. If it's just the 2 of you, it'd be no big deal blocking some of the pathway, but hitting the booth with a recliner footrest wouldn't be good.

HA! Sarah was posting her new dinette table photo when I was crafting my last reply mentioning it.

Lori-
Old 04-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
It doesn't need to match, just coordinate. Matching is SO blase....mix-n-match is the way to go.

As you can see by Sarah's LZB, it isn't the same fabric at all as the dinette & it looks wonderful. And, as I'm sure she'll tell you, the LZB is WAY more comfortable. Since then she changed out the dinette table & it looks even better.

In some other thread (maybe Sarah's sofa replacement saga?) another member changed their couch with a gorgeous deep purple colored one & I remember another member's was dk brown. Both look fantastic.

I say, get what's comfortable for you & in a color you like that'll look nice with your decor.

Lori-
that's the problem... nothing I find that fits , coordinates
Old 04-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
Just change out both the sofa and the dinette with new pieces, (with matching color-coordinated fabric).
we actually like the booth , and need the slide out storage drawers''

wife likes to lay on the sofa//
Old 04-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Just an observation, but from your pics it seems that there might not be enough space between your sofa and dinette for reclining without blocking the walkway. Be sure to take careful measurements of the furniture fully reclined to see how much space is needed.

Also, even the wall-away type need to be 5-6" or so away from the wall, so take that into consideration as well.
what I was think'n was that even if they could only go to the first click it would angle the back and get your feet up
Old 04-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If clearance to the booth is an issue, you could take those out (but leave the table) & put a pair of free-standing chairs in their place. That'd probably solve the issue of footrests on wall-away recliners hitting the existing booth seats.

As for fabrics, find a handful you like & then ask to take samples back to your coach to see what works best. Usually you can do this if you put a deposit down with the furniture store. LZB (at least our local stores) won't do this anymore - said too many fabric swatches didn't come back, despite deposit money. Now they send a designer out on a "design visit" with your fabric choices & then they take them with them when they leave. Doesn't really give you the chance to see the fabrics in all light situations (sun, cloudy, night w/lights on...etc), but you'd get the general idea.

Lori-
Old 04-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
With LZB motion furniture, you can bring the footrest up any amount of clicks without reclining. You can also recline without putting up the footrest, although with the wall-away's the seat slides forward as the backrest reclines. It's actually the reclining motion that pushes the footrest further out when it's in the up position.

Lori-
Old 04-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
...I can't figure out a color or fabric
Anything microfiber/velour-type will wear very well & be soft to the touch. What's the color of the piping or valances? Are they grey? I could easily see a charcoal or darker grey-ish taupe as a couch color & use pillows/throws pulling in the cream color (accented with teal or some other vibrant color) of the Flexsteel booth/cockpit seats.

Lori-
Old 04-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I just ordered a Clay Madison Heritage reclining sofa theater seating. It is modular and be ordered with whatever configuration you want or have space for. Champion Products on Amazon and Ebay are selling them. It is the same ones CW used to sell on their website. Mine shipped today and I should have it in 5-7 days. I am looking forward to taking the miserable factory sofa out and putting in something that is comfortable enough to sit in for at least one half of a football game. Dave Novak is the contact person. The have manual and electric complete with LED lighting.
phyllisNchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Anything microfiber/velour-type will wear very well & be soft to the touch. What's the color of the piping or valances? Are they grey? I could easily see a charcoal or darker grey-ish taupe as a couch color & use pillows/throws pulling in the cream color (accented with teal or some other vibrant color) of the Flexsteel booth/cockpit seats.

Lori-
as good as eye can see the piping appears to be black...lots of grey in the décor...
Old 04-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
I went to 10 furniture stores today.

I measured everyone they had...

I can't figure out a color or fabric..

the sofa in there is a hide a bed. and the foot rests raise
The inside of your coach is so neutral, you could put almost any color in there and it would look fine. What does your wife think?

Make sure you choose furniture that you can get through the door, and figure out how you will get the existing one out. Our old sofa was the L-shaped "extend-a-lounge" and it was hell getting it out of the Bounder.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
See, if you bought an old RV you could have 2 recliners!
Those look great, Dave!

Tags
class a