Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Climate Thermostat issues

Have an ‘06 Pace Arrow 37C. Haven’t turned on the AC/Heat since early in 2017 (hubby passed away late that year). My mobile RV guy was looking at my RV yesterday on another issue. He decided to try turning on the AC as it was very warm inside the RV. I got out the instruction manual because I remembered it was a multi-step process to operate the AC and heat when it hadn’t been on for awhile. I have a Comfort thermostat model number 8330B335 multiple zone thermostat controller system. Have 2 roof ACs in L/R/kitchen and 1 unit in the bedroom.
Instructions state to remove the thermostat cover plate, set COOL/OFF/HEAT sliding button OFF position, remove fuse(still looks intact), wait 5 minutes, re-install the fuse, wait another 5 minutes, then replace the cover, slide button to COOL, and adjust temp up or down until desired temp is reached. AC should then come on. I did all that, but after reinstalling the cover (or even w/o the cover on), and pressing the up/down arrow temp selection buttons, there is no change in the current temperature in the MH on the LED screen. Consequently the AC never comes on (nor will the heat as a result of this). Do I need to replace the thermostat? Should I try another fuse even though the coil is intact in this one?
Recommendations/solutions appreciated.
Thank you
Meant2shop
Merlin OR
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2019, 01:00 PM   #2

Thermostat Set Point can NOT be adjusted IF:
*Slide Switch is set to OFF
*Cool or Heat Mode is set to OFF
*The ZONE is turned OFF
*Fan is set to run High or Low continuously

Hopefully it is just one of the above^^^^

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:51 PM   #3

Old Biscuit, a slightly off topic but not question. Does the fan high or low also set in the cool mode. Asked another way, is there just one fan speed setting in the cool mode? Or is there three- auto, hi & lo? What does the auto setting accomplish?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #4

Auto
Cool FAN comes on/off with compressor
High/Lo FAN runs continuously if Cool/Heat is ON. (Fan will come on and run with furnace --furnace will turn on/off based on thermostat set point...fan runs)
Old 06-19-2019, 11:01 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Climate Thermostat problem

Perhaps I didn’t state the issue I’m having with my Climate thermostat clearly enough.
Once I’ve gone through the process of turning the switch to the OFF position, remove the fuse, wait 5 minutes, reinstall the fuse and wait an addl 5 minutes, I DO SLIDE THE COOL/OFF/HEAT CONTROL SWITCH FROM THE OFF POSITION TO THE COOL POSITION.
At this point, I should be able to toggle the temperature up/down arrow switch to the desired cooled temperature for both Zone 1 and Zone 2 AC, but nothing happens when I attempt to do this. The LED screen continues to display the CURRENT temperature inside the MH for both Zone 1 and Zone 2. I can’t adjust either zone temperature. Nothing happens when I try MODE either.

Any suggestions or similar experience?

Thank you.
Meant2shop
Merlin OR
2006 Pace Arrow 37C
Old 06-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2shop View Post
Perhaps I didn’t state the issue I’m having with my Climate thermostat clearly enough.
Once I’ve gone through the process of turning the switch to the OFF position, remove the fuse, wait 5 minutes, reinstall the fuse and wait an addl 5 minutes, I DO SLIDE THE COOL/OFF/HEAT CONTROL SWITCH FROM THE OFF POSITION TO THE COOL POSITION.
At this point, I should be able to toggle the temperature up/down arrow switch to the desired cooled temperature for both Zone 1 and Zone 2 AC, but nothing happens when I attempt to do this. The LED screen continues to display the CURRENT temperature inside the MH for both Zone 1 and Zone 2. I can’t adjust either zone temperature. Nothing happens when I try MODE either.

Any suggestions or similar experience?

Thank you.
Meant2shop
Merlin OR
2006 Pace Arrow 37C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Thermostat Set Point can NOT be adjusted IF:
*Slide Switch is set to OFF
*Cool or Heat Mode is set to OFF
*The ZONE is turned OFF
*Fan is set to run High or Low continuously

Hopefully it is just one of the above^^^^

If Slide switch is ON
Cool or Heat Mode is ON
ZONE is ON
FAN is in AUTO

Then should be able to change temp set point

IF NOT
sounds like t-stat is bad

Hopefully that is clear enough
Old 06-21-2019, 12:24 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Climate Thermostat Issue

There isn’t an ON position on my switch. The only selections are
COOL OFF HEAT, in that order. There is also a toggle switch with two choices, ZONE or MODE. The third switch has an UP arrow and a DOWN arrow button/toggle. That’s it.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:57 AM   #8

Pictures are wonderful!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
meant2shop. I owned a 2009 Pace and remember that if I pushed the up or down arrow and held it, it wouldn't change and only read the room temp but if you push and release and push again the temp would change by 1 degree each time.
If you are holding the button, it won't change the temp. Try pushing and release and push again for each degree change you desire.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat