Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by udidwht View Post
Curious....in your top pic I see that the area up near the air intake - ac lines is somewhat enclosed. Was this something Fleetwood did in later years? I have a 94 Southwind Storm and it is not enclosed above the ac condenser/oil cooler area. Any other pics of it? I may try and fabricate something for that area.

What brand fan auxillary fan is that? Any idea what CFM it uts out.
It seems like it came from the factory like that. Not sure if it was Fleetwood or Chevy, mine was a P30. It’s a plastic shield.

The fan is a Derale 16626 16” fan that moves 2175 CFM. It came with a similar sized fan, when that one died this was a direct replacement using the same mounts. Those photos were after installing the fan, the harness is newly wrapped, that’s why it’s so clean.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2021, 10:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt A View Post
It seems like it came from the factory like that. Not sure if it was Fleetwood or Chevy, mine was a P30. It’s a plastic shield.

The fan is a Derale 16626 16” fan that moves 2175 CFM. It came with a similar sized fan, when that one died this was a direct replacement using the same mounts. Those photos were after installing the fan, the harness is newly wrapped, that’s why it’s so clean.
Much appreciated. The following is mine after I replaced the fan. I purchased it from Rockauto.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9upbk1usv...23242.jpg?dl=0
udid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:48 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, it looks naked without the filler panels.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt A View Post
Yep, it looks naked without the filler panels.
Found a couple extra pics of mine...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sw1ibyj6i...23204.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0bkvn3m9n...23145.jpg?dl=0

You have any other pics of the filler panels on the oil/trans feed tube sides/ I'll fabricate some on my own.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:59 AM   #19

Update:

I purchased a white blank sign (firm thin ABS material). I was able to make up some filler panels to go above the radiator area. After some measuring and cutting I was able to strategically use a hole punch and put in some holes in a few spots (in panel) to use zip ties to hold in place.

Tags
battery, chassis