Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #1

Code P0112

Okay family I need some help I am at the end of my rope I have a 2000 Pace arrow vision 36-ft motorhome on a Ford f-53 chassis I have done everything possible to try to diagnose the problem my motorhome is throwing a IAT low sensor code. Like most backyard mechanics I replace the air filter the flow sensor indicator check the wiring harness check the voltage coming out of the harness to the sensor connector disconnected the battery overnight control the vehicle at 55 mi an hour down to 30 mph due to the engine fluctuating high racing speed to low racing speed after about 10 minutes on the road. I have read and watched many YouTube videos understanding that it is a gas and air mixture that the computer has to understand to allow the engine to function at its maximum performance it is a Ford V10 6.8 I believe engine again I met a loss I checked all the fuses wiring harness air filter canister what else is left to check? Is there a recall I know there are two holes on the canister let the air flow through into the air filter into the chamber that goes to the carburetor which is fuel injected what am I missing? I'll be more than happy to talk to anybody on the phone 281-731-7126 I have went to the Fleetwood manufacturer dealership at Holiday world they do not work on engine camping world does not work on engines ron hover does not work on engine so who's left to help me with my engine problem. James in Houston Texas
Dash48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2020, 05:33 PM   #2

Did you type that right, "P0112"? 112 is an Intake Air Temperature (IAT) code. While it's located within the MAF sensor, it seeing the wrong temperature, not airflow.

Do you have any kind of scan tool? Maybe a ScanGauge? You shoule be able to display IAT with either, see what it's reading in real time.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:40 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
X2 for the ScanGuageII. You can monitor the IAT in real time.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:41 PM   #4

I have an actron 2 scan diagnosed and you are correct in it being the intake air temperature I was trying to correct that I just posted a few minutes ago what do you think the problem could be I'm not sure how to use the scan diagnosis correctly
Old 12-22-2020, 06:38 PM   #5

ForScan is the way to go. The software package is open source and loads on a windows laptop or tabletPC (my favorite). You can get a bluetooth or usb tool for the OBD port for pretty reasonable ($60 or less as described at the ForScan website). It will access all the can channels (including the high speed channel with the RCM on my 2017 Fusion that other readers would not read), read and clear codes, allow monitoring, and in some cases you can make configuration changes.

https://forscan.org/
dceggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:56 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

If you need engine help, FORD works on their engines so any Ford dealer should be able to help (for a price, of course).

Doesn't the 112 code means the sensor reading is out of range on the low side, which often means a grounded-out wire? sorry, I'm mostly a GM guy so not real swift on Ford codes and issues.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:37 PM   #7

Thanks Gary I live on the west side of Houston Texas and most of the Ford dealers have already declined taking my Ford f-53 motorhome to their location I am going to do it yourself backyard mechanic so I will try to retrace the harness wiring to see if there was a ground issue but you are correct I'm having a sensory code that is reading on the low side so I need to find where I'm having a ground issue thanks for your help
Old 12-24-2020, 07:03 AM   #8

Dash48,
Could you make it to Brenham with it? Ford dealer there is supposed to work on Class A's. Appel Ford 979-836-3659. Maybe at least give them a call and see if you can talk to a tech?
meebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:37 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
9 times out of 10 the IAT sensor is bad. replace the mas
Old 12-24-2020, 07:42 AM   #10

The IAT will read -40°C if it's an open circuit. A scan tool will tell you if it's doing that all the time.

The IAT sensor is "grounded" directly to the PCM. It's part of the MAF sensor.

Couple diagrams:
http://1999southwind.com/DOWNLOAD/E1I02501.pdf

http://1999southwind.com/DOWNLOAD/E1I02507.pdf

The MAF sensor is on page 25-1. The IAT sensor is between pins #1 and #6. Pin #39 on the PCM is the IAT signal, and pin #91 is signal return (ground). You can follow the wiring on the two pages linked above.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I live on the west side of Houston Texas and most of the Ford dealers have already declined taking my Ford f-53 motorhome to their location

Somewhere around Houston there will be a Ford dealer that sells and services the larger Ford trucks, e.g. F450/F550/F750. They will know how to handle an F53 as well.

But I understand the DIY approach and would probably be doing the same myself.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:16 PM   #12

I'll give them a call in Austin and see what their hourly rate is I did get a Ford dealer in Rosenberg called legacy they charge $160 an hour but I'm trying to diagnose and fix the problem because I'm a disabled veteran now to fix income so I don't have a lot of extra cash to just throw out there which I do have about 40 years of background in mechanics
Old 12-27-2020, 08:20 PM   #13

Thanks for the suggestion Gary I'll look into it I also got a good lead from TD Ron who suggested I track my wiring harnesses they are located under the brake system inside the cab I'm going to disconnect them look at all the pins and then put them back in place I got two diagrams so we'll see if I can troubleshoot and find what darn mouse got into my cheese LOL thanks for all the info I'll post an update what I find I replace the sensor and a brand new air filter in the last 5 days in hopes that would rectify the problem still need to trace the wiring harnesses for any broken wires or ground issues on another note. I'm trying to troubleshoot my own Marquis 5500 generator it was running but all of a sudden there is water coming out of the exhaust it runs for one minute and then quits I read somewhere where the gasoline can leave a lot of water deposit after the carbon has burned however my generator won't stay running just another day in the life of RVing
Old 12-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
The IAT will read -40°C if it's an open circuit. A scan tool will tell you if it's doing that all the time.

The IAT sensor is "grounded" directly to the PCM. It's part of the MAF sensor.

Couple diagrams:
http://1999southwind.com/DOWNLOAD/E1I02501.pdf

http://1999southwind.com/DOWNLOAD/E1I02507.pdf

The MAF sensor is on page 25-1. The IAT sensor is between pins #1 and #6. Pin #39 on the PCM is the IAT signal, and pin #91 is signal return (ground). You can follow the wiring on the two pages linked above.
Thanks for the diagram TDeronn this is very helpful I will trace the wiring harness for the IAT 39 and also number 91 ground wire and see what I find I really appreciate all you guys help I am a disabled veteran on a fixed income so it helps so much to be able to troubleshoot and fix these problems at home