Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2022, 05:39 PM   #1

Coleman/Mach AC Unit

I have a 2021 Bounder 35K with a Coleman/Mach rear AC/Heat Pump Unit. I am having problems with this unit. It does not produce cool air in the summer nor warm air in the fall. I have taken it to two dealers who both said that the unit is operating "within parameters". The problem is that the unit does not work. It does not heat or cool. I have tested the temperatures (in and out of the unit) and it is within one degree. (the manual says it should be between 15 and 20 degrees difference) Both places I took it to said it works properly, but it does not. Is anybody else having issues with this particular unit? My warranty expires on July 2 and even though I have notified Coleman and Fleetwood, there is no clear path to getting it fixed/replaced. A third authorized repair company I called does not do warranty work because of past problems with Coleman. What should I do?
502Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2022, 05:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502Bob View Post
I have a 2021 Bounder 35K with a Coleman/Mach rear AC/Heat Pump Unit. I am having problems with this unit. It does not produce cool air in the summer nor warm air in the fall. I have taken it to two dealers who both said that the unit is operating "within parameters". The problem is that the unit does not work. It does not heat or cool. I have tested the temperatures (in and out of the unit) and it is within one degree. (the manual says it should be between 15 and 20 degrees difference) Both places I took it to said it works properly, but it does not. Is anybody else having issues with this particular unit? My warranty expires on July 2 and even though I have notified Coleman and Fleetwood, there is no clear path to getting it fixed/replaced. A third authorized repair company I called does not do warranty work because of past problems with Coleman. What should I do?

Hi Bob-

Welcome to iRV2

Are you still under warranty? Escalate with Bounder.

If you're out of warranty, there are 3 current threads here on iRV2. A search may suss those out.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:58 PM   #3

Quote:

What’s the difference between outside air and AC air temp?
Old 07-01-2022, 06:58 AM   #4

The warranty expires tomorrow, July 2, 2022. It has already been in shop twice for this.

When I last checked temps, it was 92 outside, 85 at inside air return and 85 at inside discharge. The front AC was running at full blast and blowing towards air return of rear unit, thus the 85 (instead of 92). We got the bedroom temp down to 86 around midnight.

It also has not worked on heat setting. We tried at cool (about 50) and colder, with same result. We carry an electric heater and a fan with us now.

I told Fleetwood and Coleman that I am not going to take to shop a third time unless I know they will repair or replace (I first took it to a "local" authorized dealer and the second was to the REV Service center which is 4-1/2 hours away). The first dealer had it 11 weeks. REV only had it 2 days.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:14 AM   #5

Quote:
The warranty expires tomorrow, July 2, 2022. It has already been in shop twice for this.

When I last checked temps, it was 92 outside, 85 at inside air return and 85 at inside discharge. The front AC was running at full blast and blowing towards air return of rear unit, thus the 85 (instead of 92). We got the bedroom temp down to 86 around midnight.

It also has not worked on heat setting. We tried at cool (about 50) and colder, with same result. We carry an electric heater and a fan with us now.

I told Fleetwood and Coleman that I am not going to take to shop a third time unless I know they will repair or replace (I first took it to a "local" authorized dealer and the second was to the REV Service center which is 4-1/2 hours away). The first dealer had it 11 weeks. REV only had it 2 days.

Definitely not right 92 outside air should be at least n low 70s.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:02 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bob, if the return air and supply air are the same temperture. the compressor is not running. the fan is just curculating hot air. Whoever checked the unit for you probably didn't run it long enough to find out if the compressor was going out on overload or if the refrigerant has leaked out. Do you have a local a/c tech that you could hire to atleast trouble shoot the problem?
Chuck
chuckftboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:39 AM   #7

I agree with you.
I have a tech coming out tomorrow to check the whole unit out at my expense. I'll see where it goes from there.
Thanks to all for the replies.

Tags
coleman