Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #1

I have a unit the works 2 AC and 2 furnaces,, Also has 2 thermisters, one in the Gally area and one in the bedroom to measure temp.. I wish something like this would work for me,, But I can't see how it could,, Am I right or is it possible to convert mine as well. Anyone done this on thier Fleetwood? Thanks , Ted

2000 Ford Lightning
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #2

I have a unit the works 2 AC and 2 furnaces,, Also has 2 thermisters, one in the Gally area and one in the bedroom to measure temp.. I wish something like this would work for me,, But I can't see how it could,, Am I right or is it possible to convert mine as well. Anyone done this on thier Fleetwood? Thanks , Ted

2000 Ford Lightning
Old 11-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
I have the same conditions as you do, and my RV has a digital thermostat...works two zones, 2 A/Cs, 2 gas furnaces and 2 electric heat pump furnaces (in A/C units)...OEM thermostat.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:25 AM   #4

Ted,

I'm a little confused, I'm not sure what you're asking, but I've only had two cups of coffee this morning

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I have a unit the works 2 AC and 2 furnaces,, Also has 2 thermisters, one in the Gally area and one in the bedroom to measure temp. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You're saying this is what you have.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I wish something like this would work for me,, But I can't see how it could,, Am I right or is it possible to convert mine as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Here you're saying you wish it would would work?? What exactly do you want to convert too, from??

I have an '05 Bounder with a digital thermostat that controls both ACs/heat pump and gas furnace. Is that what you want to do?

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:46 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just went out to the RV to get the manual for the digital thermostat installed in my RV. Not sure if this is what you want.

Model 8330A335 Multiple Zone Thermostat Controller System, made by RV Products (A division of Airxcel Inc.), PO Box 4020, Whichita KS 67204

RV Products Accessories Page and Multi Zone Thermostat Page

Not sure this helps, I'm guessing you want to convert to a house style digital thermostat...anyway, hope this helps.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #6

The problem is the 2 thermisters that measur the room temperature. Ones is in the galley area and the other is in the bedroom,,So I can keep the bedroom cooler then the front of the coach.. How would they hook to the digital thermostat ?

2000 Ford Lightning
Old 11-07-2007, 02:51 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I have the same two thermistors in the same locations as you do, and they somehow are hooked to this thermostat...haven't the need to take it off the wall to see how it's wired but it works.

I'm guessing the unit comes with the thermistors, and hopefully you could use existing wiring (if they use wires at all) and just replace yours with the new ones. I'm assuming they are wired, anybody know for sure?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:55 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The digital system on current fw products is rather creative. I have tapped into mine to install the auto-start/on-demand for the genset. The rvcomfort therm works with controllers installed in the return air plenum of the a/c unit. The thermostat "talks" to upto four controllers over a single wire. This allows for a reduction of the number of control wire going to each unit, consider hi/lo fan, heat-pump/cool. This controller also ties into the energy management system so the ems can send a signal to the controller to shut down the compressor. The furnaces are a different story and they are controlled by 12+ high; no digital controller.

It would be possible to retrofit this into an older mh, with the major part of the work taking place in the return air plenum of your ac.

W-20 Workhorse
surfride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is an interesting topic. My 96 Pace Vision 35W has something call similar. I have 2 A/C, 2 Heating units controlled by a unit in the Bedroom. This unit has 2 controllers, one for the front A/C, Heat, and one for the rear. Each has a slide switch to pick from Heat, Off, Low Fan, High Fan Low A/C, High A/C. And then a Slide Lever to chose the Temperature range. My problem is that with this type system you do not have a number to pick from to set the temperature you want. Like 70 degrees I find it hard to find the range that is comfortable. I'm constantly changing it to make everyone comfortable.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:59 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
With the thermostat I referenced to in the link above, you have the ability to set/pick the temperature digitally for each zone and each function, in my case gas heat/electric heat/air conditioning...the unit also displays the actual temperature digitally in each zone...a very easy thermostat to understand and program/set.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
GerryB54 ...

Did your Bounder come from the factory with the Multi-zone Thermostat Controller you mentioned? Also, how many thermostat's (sensors) are in your Bounder?

My Pace Arrow has the older manual (two-separate slide switches) type controller. It has two wall thermostat's, one in the living area and one in the bedroom.

I'd consider changing to the one you have provided the existing wiring would work. There's wires going to each wall thermostat and then the wiring harness that goes to the EMS (Energy Management System). And of course to the furnaces and air conditioners.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bob, I didn't buy this RV new, but I'm sure it is the factory installed unit...I have two zones, two remote thermistors (not sure this is what they are called) that read temperature, one in bedroom and one in dinette area...and I have three sources...gas heat (two furnaces), electric heat pumps (from two A/C units), and two roof mounted air conditioner units...the thermostat I have is very similar to the one I linked to in a previous post here.

Mine is a Model 8330A335 Multiple Zone Thermostat Controller System, made by RV Products.

I wonder if Fleetwood could advise you if you could easily replace your thermostat with one of these newer digital ones?