Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #1

Cummins ISBXT owners

We're about ready to pull the trigger and upgrade our 2008 Southwind to a DP. Fleetwood is very strong in this area so probably going to end up with a Discovery. Most units we are dealing on are 08 or 09 with the 350 hp ISB. The local dealer also has a new 2008 Excursion [with the Cummins ISC] but my wife hates the floor plan. We've also looked at [via the internet] a 2007 Discovery with a Cat C7 but it's 1700 miles away.
What are the real world experiences with the ISBXT in 40 foot coaches. In test drives it feels like a rocket compared to our 21k lb 38 ft Southwind but I don't want to make a $97k mistake.
Thanks for any info.
enduroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #2

From all the research I done when I bought my 09 DP Bounder, You will find the Cummins is cheaper to maintain than the Cat. A Cat mechanic also told me to stay away from the Cat. You may find others who disagree but Cat has gotten out of the over-the-road area.
GWCowgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #3

I've had my 40' since October, I'm overall happy with it. Although I wish it had a little more power in the hills and mountains of CA.