Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2022, 02:24 PM   #1

Dash Power for 10mins after Ignition Off

'21 Bounder. When you turn the ignition off the dash remains On for 10 minutes. Looks like there is some timer/relay that keeps the power on to the dash switches/radio.

Anyone know if this is adjustable or where the timer/relay is that controls this?

10 mins is annoying - 2, maybe 5 is ok. I can't tell you how many times I've been told I forgot to turn it off
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #2

Dash gauge package and wiring are supplied by the chassis manufacturer .

What chassis is your coach built on ?
Old 06-03-2022, 03:16 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
It sounds like your ignition relay is sticking. If you can locate it, give it a tap when it sticks again to see if it releases. It may be in the bay near your chassis batteries. There should not be a timer of any kind to keep the ignition turned on like that.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:06 PM   #4

I don't think this is a ford supplied part of this - it's not the actual dash cluster - everything Ford turns off. It's all the dash switches and the radio/screens.

It is also not random. It is 10 minutes every single time down to the second and there is a very distinct relay click at the 10 minute mark.

Anyone else with a new v8 chassis care to chime in if theirs does this too
Old 06-03-2022, 05:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack73 View Post
I don't think this is a ford supplied part of this - it's not the actual dash cluster - everything Ford turns off. It's all the dash switches and the radio/screens.

It is also not random. It is 10 minutes every single time down to the second and there is a very distinct relay click at the 10 minute mark.

Anyone else with a new v8 chassis care to chime in if theirs does this too
Are you referring to the accessory delay? Many vehicles have accessory delay that keeps the radio, seats, power windows etc working for 10 minutes after shutdown however when you open the door it should shut off. But if the driver's door is not part of the Ford chassis this may have not been wired in when it was built as a MH.
bigb56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 08:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
Are you referring to the accessory delay? Many vehicles have accessory delay that keeps the radio, seats, power windows etc working for 10 minutes after shutdown however when you open the door it should shut off. But if the driver's door is not part of the Ford chassis this may have not been wired in when it was built as a MH.
I think you are on to something here

I'm going to dig around in Forescan and see if I can find some configuration in there to adjust this
Old 06-04-2022, 08:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack73 View Post
I think you are on to something here

I'm going to dig around in Forescan and see if I can find some configuration in there to adjust this
Good luck, all I know is that in 2002 the accessory delay became part of the hybrid electronic instrument cluster but that was a long time ago, no telling how it works on a 2022.
bigb56 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, ignition, power