Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2018, 08:34 AM   #1

Dinette Table Light Not Working

2007 Tradition 42V

Directly over the dinette table is the sconce style 2 light assembly the shines down on the dinette. Now it has stopped working.

I replaced both bulbs but no power. I can't seem to find any fuses for that light in the schematics I have here. The schematics don't indicate where it gets the 12v power source .............

All other ceiling lights work fine. I'm trying to determine if I have a bad 12v circuit wire, fuse or defective light assembly.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2018, 08:55 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer23 View Post
2007 Tradition 42V

Directly over the dinette table is the sconce style 2 light assembly the shines down on the dinette. Now it has stopped working.

I replaced both bulbs but no power. I can't seem to find any fuses for that light in the schematics I have here. The schematics don't indicate where it gets the 12v power source .............

All other ceiling lights work fine. I'm trying to determine if I have a bad 12v circuit wire, fuse or defective light assembly.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
The fuse will be in the house fuse box. Check all fuses with a test light or multimeter. Next check the contacts in the bulb holder for 12v. If no voltage there. Next remove the fixture and check for 12 volts before and after the switch. If no voltage there, (Since this is a dinette, I assume it is on a slideout.) Look around the slideout area (Outside underneath) for a damaged wire.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #3

Mine was doing the same thing over the dinette , ended up being a bad switch .
kfpd404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #4

I have a wall light that has a bad switch, oh well add to fix list.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #5

Pulled down the light...………….no power to it.

Schematics from AC don't even show that light nor the one in the bedroom rear closet.

Frustrated...………………..yup.

Just need to know where the 12v comes from. Checked all the module and house fuses with a multimeter and they check ok. None, however, are marked for dinette or lights etc. And wow, 3 inch screws to hold in that small light fixture, its not that heavy...…………..

Thru the dinette ceiling 1 black and 1 white wire. Whites double up and go to fixture socket ground. Incoming black connected to one switch lead and then the other switch lead connect to double red fixture wires.

Is the incoming 12v "hot" all the time when internal lights are on or is it connected to one of the ceiling buttons to power it?

Very open for suggestions.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #6

Removed the light assembly again. Rechecked the push button switch with a multimeter...…….it works perfect.

Disconnected light from lead in wires. Now only have the black and white wire coming thru the dinette slide ceiling. Trimmed and restriped the wire ends. Still no power to it, but I have a clean starting point.

Checked Module 1 in my side bay forward of my battery compartment. Checked all fuses...…………..all check OK.

Hooked up a tracer to the interior black and white wires but can't pick up a tone thru the structure...………………

Now I'm stuck, don't know where those dang wires go or exit the dinette slide. There has to be a 12v source somewhere...……..just to find it.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #7

No power coming in to me means blown fuse.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:30 PM   #8

I think of the case where it turns out that there is another switch for the lights, on a wall somewhere, which you never used but got turned off somehow...
Old 06-07-2018, 03:02 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
That'd be my guess. Check for a switch somewhere.

We have a light over the recliner that is tied to a switch on a kitchen cabinet. Took me 3 years to figure out I had to flip that switch for the light to come on & I also had to have the light on for the switch to turn on the light. Flipping the switch without having the light switched on didn't light the light.
Lori-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #10

Well the plot thickens. Re-contacted AC and explained the electrical schematics they supplied do not indicate the light over the dinette table.

Hmmmm ……………… they state its an aftermarket add on, even though it even shows on my brochure and other AC Tradition coaches at a local dealer

But, they state it wasn't made by the AC line, its Fleetwood manufactured and since they went bankrupt in 2009 those specific schematics are probably gone.

SPARTAN liberty chassis, American Coach panels, excellent cabinets etc. but not an AC coach.

I must have missed a memo somewhere.

Their recommendation is to take it to a REV service facility to have it diagnosed. W/0 schematics they can't do anything I haven't done IMHO.

I did track the wire via a tone up to the area under the entry steps, but the signal gets weak and I can't determine the specific wire. I checked again all of the fuses in the box and they are all good. I also visually inspected them all. I turned on every conceivable switch in the coach with no luck either.

The tone indicated the wiring goes forward in the top of the slide out and then drops down the side right between the couch and dinette chair. It disappears (tone) in a huge wire bundle hidden under the coach but a tone returns under the steps in those big wire bundles.

I guess my best bet is to cap the wires and install a battery powered LED light over the dinette. Still frustrating...……………..
Old 06-09-2018, 12:59 AM   #11

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Well the plot thickens. Re-contacted AC and explained the electrical schematics they supplied do not indicate the light over the dinette table.

Hmmmm ……………… they state its an aftermarket add on, even though it even shows on my brochure and other AC Tradition coaches at a local dealer

But, they state it wasn't made by the AC line, its Fleetwood manufactured and since they went bankrupt in 2009 those specific schematics are probably gone.

SPARTAN liberty chassis, American Coach panels, excellent cabinets etc. but not an AC coach.

Their recommendation is to take it to a REV service facility to have it diagnosed. W/0 schematics they can't do anything I haven't done IMHO.

I did track the wire via a tone up to the area under the entry steps, but the signal gets weak and I can't determine the specific wire. I checked again all of the fuses in the box and they are all good. I also visually inspected them all. I turned on every conceivable switch in the coach with no luck either.

The tone indicated the wiring goes forward in the top of the slide out and then drops down the side right between the couch and dinette chair. It disappears (tone) in a huge wire bundle hidden under the coach but a tone returns under the steps in those big wire bundles.

I guess my best bet is to cap the wires and install a battery powered LED light over the dinette. Still frustrating...……………..
The Revolutions were always made in American Coach facilities, they weren't added to the American Coach line until 2010. Don't know why they still couldn't help when they always were & still are manufactured there.
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

We always picked up the wire as it entered the big bundle and ran a new wire from there to the nearest 12 volt source. (With a fuse added of course.)
Old 06-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #13

Traced that light wire by a tone tracer all the way to the bundle that goes thru the firewall on the passenger side. Generator slide is open so I have good access. I have a very strong signal there where the wire bundle attaches to a large multi wire connector.
Inside under the step where the bundle enters the coach under the bottom step I still have a strong signal and it continues to the fuse block. Like I mentioned in an earlier post I have pulled and checked each and every fuse in the box. The tone is still very strong right under the 5amp fuses near the center of the box. I checked them over and over again...………….check OK with my multimeter (which I checked on other circuits and the meter is OK too). I'm assuming that a strong signal all the way to the front of the firewall indicates no breaks in the wire along its route thru the chassis.

I made certain every switch in the coach was in the ON position...….still no 12v at the dinette light.

I gave up finally...……..tired of wasting my time. Bought a 48 inch LED AC to install up under the dinette window cabinets inboard edge.
Same with the bedroom rear closet...…..F15T8 CW light bulbs check out OK, but no power to it. Replaced with a couple of battery powered LED lights.

For what its worth, the fixture style of the dinette light matches the sconce reading light fixtures in the bedroom. That seems to me that it factory installed and not an aftermarket add on by the dealer as suggested by the AC rep.

Now to get back to tone tracing the solar panel wires that were cut off by someone in the past.

Tags
light